"Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)" Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal by rmdw
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,764 reviews and 7,087 photos
I lived in Montreal from December 2002 until April 2004. It's a very unique city to visit.
A lot of people ask me what it was like to live in. I initially found it difficult to describe but a friend of mine, Dave Towert, provided this description: "A rich, almost European, culture transcending into daily life with a distinct underlying feel of endless character." Mais oui, that describes Montreal very well indeed!
Here's a photo of the Nutcracker Ballet in Montreal. If you'd like to see more photos of the performance then click here.
While everyone has their own opinion on the best places to see, eat, and party in Montreal, here's a poll on the subject: Best of Montreal 2005
In the downtown core much of Montreal exists underground in the form of an expansive set of interconnected shopping malls. While perhaps trivial in the summer, they're absolutely wonderful in the winter! Some people get in their cars in their heated garages, drive downtown to an underground garage and then spend all day indoors. Quite a phenomenon! You can download a full-size version of the map here.
- Pros:Every street brings a new set of sights, sounds, and culinary smells!
- In a nutshell:A very cosmopolitan city where most people know at least French & English and often 1 or 2 other languages too!
My friends, Deenu & Ravena, stayed at the Hotel Omni in August 2004. They got a room for about Cdn$150. As you can see... more travel advice
Baton Rouge is a very nice place with great food. My friend swears that the baby back ribs are the best anywhere! There... more travel advice
- See All Amazing Factory Clothing Deals!
- Vieux Montreal Horse Carriage Rides
- See All Vieux Montreal (Old Montreal)
- See All Pierre Elliot Trudeau International...
- See All Tons to do in one place!
rmdw's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 78 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 129 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues