"Thompson, Manitoba - The True North!" Thompson by rmdw
Thompson Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Thompson is about an 8 hours drive north of Winnipeg. It exists because of a huge nickel deposit that was discovered there and has been mined by Inco Limited since the late 1950's. My software company has done a lot of work for Inco. Thompson is a bit isolated for many people but has some absolutely wonderful people!
Shown here are the main operations of Inco Limited. In the center is the general office, on the left is the smelter, and on the right is the T-1 headframe.
- In a nutshell:The true north of Canada, offering splendid fishing in the summer!
rmdw's Related Pages
Thompson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thompson, Manitoba - The True North!"
- "A rail stop Churchill - Winnipeg"
- "Thompson, CA"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thompson
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Thompson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thompson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues