"Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver by rmdw

Vancouver Travel Guide: 3,957 reviews and 8,257 photos

Welcome to my home town of Vancouver! I haven't lived here all my life but am back now and am enjoying my time immensely. It's an exciting time in the city's history, with the Winter Olympics arriving in February 2010 and the city growing in great leaps & bounds.

If you only have a day or two in Vancouver then be sure to visit:
- Granville Island
- Stanley Park
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Deep Cove

These areas will show you the great diversity & beauty of Vancouver.

Here's a webcam of a local beach

Be aware that there is often rain, lots of it, between the months of October to May inclusive. You either learn to live with it or you get depressed. In this spirit I created this video that celebrates Embracing The Rain of Vancouver.

The Glorious Mountains of Vancouver

This photo looks north on Cambie Street toward downtown and the North Shore mountains. I grew up just two blocks from here.

There's an old joke my dad used to tell me about my mom's relatives from Saskatchewan [which non-Canadians should know is very flat]:

An old farmer from The Prairies finally made it out to Vancouver to visit his daughter and her family. After a few days the daughter asked, "So Pa, what do you think of this city I've made my home?"

He reflected on this, looked around the city and then said, "Well, those mountains sure are pretty, but they do hide the view."

Throughout Vancouver there are numerous marinas. This scene is located right beside Granville Island, with the Burrard Street Bridge and West End in the background.

If you would like to see more great photos of Vancouver, including some interesting panoramas then click here.

SUSHI HEAVEN
If you're coming to Vancouver and love sushi then you may never leave. Vancouver is FAMOUS for its sushi and its overabundance of sushi restaurants. I have tips for my favourites but if you'd like to see a comprehensive list then click here.

• Pros:A modern city situated next door to nature's playground
  • Cons:A growing crime problem, excessive house prices
  • In a nutshell:An urban mecca surrounded by exquisite beauty!
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2007

• yvgr's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hi, I find your travel pages on Vancouver very informative. Thanks!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Robert, I liked your tips designed for single people and the walking tour looked super. Though I got to see plenty when i came to vancouver i was a bit too pressed for time. I hope Ill get a chance to go back soon
    Regards from Maryland

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I really enjoyed the political quiz you recommended. My scores were -5.0 and -0.92, similar to Mandela and the Dalai Lama! What does that mean?!?

• zwildwolf's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Hey Rob, I'm going to be in Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Olympics and Balfor told write you and maybe get some good info.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Hey, Robert...it was nice to meet you and your Mom at the Ft.Worth vt meet. Sometime before the end of the year we hope to see some of Vancouver--as I was researching it, your page came up...I guess we'll be coming from Seattle. Can't wait!

• was_the_beav's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for soooo much info about your hometown. This is a lovely page. :-)

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Man, why are there so many videos about rain in Vancouver on YouTube, I wonder?

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Dear , you have very nice Vancouver page , enjoy from that , please see my VT page , i am sure you enjoy from my country , i hope see you here

• ligaya's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 12:16 PM

what a lovely photos, really nice place to vsit:-)

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Hi Robert, yes; I did arrive well at home, and look forward to our trip to Dubai next saturday. Cheers, Peter

rmdw Lives Here!

rmdw

“Work Hard, Travel Harder!”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver

Have you been to Vancouver?

Latest Activity in Vancouver