"Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver by rmdw
Vancouver Travel Guide: 3,948 reviews and 8,246 photos
Welcome to my home town of Vancouver! I haven't lived here all my life but am back now and am enjoying my time immensely. It's an exciting time in the city's history, with the Winter Olympics arriving in February 2010 and the city growing in great leaps & bounds.
If you only have a day or two in Vancouver then be sure to visit:
- Granville Island
- Stanley Park
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Deep Cove
These areas will show you the great diversity & beauty of Vancouver.
Here's a webcam of a local beach
Be aware that there is often rain, lots of it, between the months of October to May inclusive. You either learn to live with it or you get depressed. In this spirit I created this video that celebrates Embracing The Rain of Vancouver.
This photo looks north on Cambie Street toward downtown and the North Shore mountains. I grew up just two blocks from here.
There's an old joke my dad used to tell me about my mom's relatives from Saskatchewan [which non-Canadians should know is very flat]:
An old farmer from The Prairies finally made it out to Vancouver to visit his daughter and her family. After a few days the daughter asked, "So Pa, what do you think of this city I've made my home?"
He reflected on this, looked around the city and then said, "Well, those mountains sure are pretty, but they do hide the view."
Throughout Vancouver there are numerous marinas. This scene is located right beside Granville Island, with the Burrard Street Bridge and West End in the background.
If you would like to see more great photos of Vancouver, including some interesting panoramas then click here.
If you're coming to Vancouver and love sushi then you may never leave. Vancouver is FAMOUS for its sushi and its overabundance of sushi restaurants. I have tips for my favourites but if you'd like to see a comprehensive list then click here.
- Pros:A modern city situated next door to nature's playground
- Cons:A growing crime problem, excessive house prices
- In a nutshell:An urban mecca surrounded by exquisite beauty!
Here's a great walking tour of downtown Vancouver, just 4.0 km long, that'll give visitors a great cross section of the... more travel advice
The Galley doesn't offer fancy food but the offerings are half-decent, and they offer beer too. The great appeal is the... more travel advice
- See All Need a catch a taxi from Granville...
- See All Do the Grouse Grind!
- See All Outdoor Art
- See All A Great Butcher Shop!
- See All Nice Accommodations in the Heart of...
rmdw's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "Summer in Vancouver"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 172 Reviews
- 290 Photos
- 343 Forum posts
- 63 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Farewell Phildeni (Philip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mexican Film Festival"
- Wrote a Review Downtown Walking Tour #1 about Downtown Vancouver in Vancouver Things to Do
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Vancouver travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Vancouver
- updated a Vancouver Travel Page "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
Photos in VancouverSee All Photos (290)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues