"Historic Evanston, North of Chicago" Evanston by rmdw
Evanston Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 149 photos
Evanston is a beautiful and historic community immediately north of Chicago, along Lake Michigan.
It is famous for its historic homes, Northwestern University, and the birthplace of the Women's Christian Temperance Union.
The residents of Evanston are extremely proud of the great history of their community. Throughout the year many events are held celebrating this history. For more information please visit the Evanston Historical Society.
In more recent years Evanston has seen the growth of much more modern architecture. Shown here are a few interesting examples from the downtown core.
rmdw's Related Pages
Evanston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Victoriana meets Helmut Jahn on the Lake"
- "A University "Creates" A Town"
- "Evanston Illinois"
- "Evanston, Illinois"
- "Evanston pretty place outside of Chicago"
- "Evanston - north of Chicago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Evanston
- Hotels in Evanston
- Transportation in Evanston
- Nightlife in Evanston
- Restaurants in Evanston
- Shopping in Evanston
- Warnings and Dangers in Evanston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Evanston
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Evanston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Evanston
Photos in EvanstonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues