"Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!" Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago by rmdw
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,907 reviews and 12,103 photos
My connection with Chicago goes back to February 1994 when I visited there for the first time. Though a much too long story to mention here, I became best friends with a wonderful grandmother named Rosemary who lives on the South Side of the city. She welcomed me into her home and into the life of her family. Some people are scared to travel because of all the things that could go wrong. I took a chance and ended up meeting one of the most amazing people anywhere!
In Chicago is a lesser known attraction called "The Garfield Conservatory". It's a wonderful place, especially nice to visit in the cold winter months. This photo was taken while Dale Chihuly was exhibiting several of his magnificent blown glass pieces.
And now for something completely different . . . anyone who has visited Chicago knows that it is based on a superb grid pattern. As such it is very easy to find places based on xxxx N/S and xxxx E/W. If you'd like to see an interesting Internet project showing this grid pattern then click here.
Maybe NYC has more buildings but the ones in Chicago have incredible beauty and prominence.
While walking around downtown Chicago, be sure to look up frequently. You will often see hidden art treasures that just aren't put into today's modern buildings.
Videos of Chicago
I've taken a few videos in the city. To play them you need Quicktime installed and a high speed connection.
Chicago Cultural Center
Many more photos of Chicago can be viewed here.
- Pros:Friendly, historic, interesting
- Cons:Cold in the winter months, pockets of bad areas
- In a nutshell:Let yourself get engaged for a day with Chicago and you'll be quickly enthralled for a lifetime!
This place was a complete surprise. They had some of the best Thai food I've ever had in my life! Do try the coconut... more travel advice
This is one of those really cool places you might see in a movie, with lots of beautiful people at every table. It's a... more travel advice
- See All 48 Hours in Chicago
- See All Getting help at O'Hare
- See All Movies that have been set in Chicago
- See All Great chocolate right from the factory!
- A great pub in North Chicago
rmdw's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 80 Reviews
- 121 Photos
- 96 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Will do!"
- Wrote a Review 48 Hours in Chicago in Chicago Things to Do
- Commented on one of BeatChick's Chicago travel pages
- updated a Chicago Travel Page "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues