"Ferndale, CA - An Historic Victorian-era Town" Ferndale by rmdw
Ferndale Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
A few years ago I drove down the coast from Victoria, B.C. to San Francisco. A few hours after crossing from Oregon into California I saw a sign advertising an "Old Victorian-era town called 'Ferndale' ". I'm glad I went to explore it!
The town is very well restored, offering a wide assortment of interesting architecture from a bygone era. Equally fascinating is the old graveyard which resides up a slope and is just full of history.
But the best part of turning off US101 was gaining access to Hwy 211, which juts off from Ferndale, goes down along a deserted section of the California coastline and, then ramps back up into the hills, before winding back down into the most amazing redwood forest I've ever seen.
My only suggestions are that it's a sunny day, you have good brake pads on your car, and you have a camera. I ensure you that the journey will be most memorable!
rmdw's Related Pages
Ferndale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "jgemini65's new Ferndale Page"
- "Ferndale - flashback in time"
- "Inside Ferndale"
- "Ferndale, CA - An Historic Victorian-era Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ferndale
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ferndale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ferndale
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues