"And You Thought You Have a Nightmare Travel Story?" rmdw's Profile

Every VT'er should watch the 1970 gem, The Out of Towners. Starring Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis, it tells the story of a suburban Ohio couple whose well planned trip to New York City goes awry ... and then some!

Prior to the rains coming to Vancouver, the city's beauty really shines. Here are some photos taken in October 2008 and here are some more.

On a completely different note, I found this test to be rather interesting: Political Compass Test. I always have a *problem* with the vagueness of some multiple choice questions but in case you're interested, my results are these:
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64
Now if I could just meet a single woman with similar scores! :-)

The Ladies of VT

I've been very fortunate to meet several wonderful female VT members. Here I am with one of the best, Jo Ann from San Jose. This photo was taken in Sept. 2007 when she drove me down to California's amazing 17 Mile Drive, near Pebble Beach.

This is one of the thousands of dandelions that people pass by each day. Yet close-up it's a perfect example of how magnificent and intricate nature is.

I've compiled a collection of flower photos, all in their original hi-res format, for download. If you'd like a free copy for yourself then just click here.

Two of My Favourite VT'ers

Dabs & YVRDave ... but shhhhh, don't tell them or it'll go to their head!

Favorite Mottos

"One of life's problems is not that we aim too high and fail. But rather that we aim too low and succeed." - Joe Segal, Vancouver retailer extraordinaire

"Too many people get caught up in the noise of everyday life to truly hear the symphony of what life is really all about." - Yours truly, age 12

Useful Websites

It's a big world out there. But the Internet helps make it a little more manageable. Here are some websites that I think you'll find very useful:

Flight Tracking
MIT OpenCourseware
Wikipedia
Skype

• Intro Updated Jan 31, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
rmdw's Profile Photo

rmdw

“Work Hard, Travel Harder!”

Real Name