"Al-Maghrib" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco by johnsakura
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,261 reviews and 28,886 photos
Ah Morocco! I love this country. Morocco as a strong and nice way of receiving people. Its habitants are very nice people and will make you enjoy the most of your travel to their amazing country. The country has 75% of Berber people the rest is Arab people (I’m afraid they don’t go along very well)
The thing about Morocco is that is quite near to Europe, and the cultural shock is extremely high. Its amazing and magical how, right there after Spain and 525km from the city I live, we have such a country where cultural aspects are so different.
As Portuguese I feel a great connection with Northern Africa; being right there, across 14km from Spain… also the Arab presence that both Portugal and Spain had in the 12th century is still present in some old architecture of nowadays. Many names in Portugal do descent from Arab words and almost all the Southern region cities and villages have Arab names, in fact even the Portuguese southern region is called Algarve, which means West in Arabic.
In Morocco you can feel like you went away to forgotten lands, hundreds of years ago and you only put yourself back to planet when you se a car or modern techniques, which cannot be found many places deep into Moroccan countryside.
The coast of Morocco starts to be interesting for me only after Agadir, staring the Morocco Western Sahara.
(Click on the link here to go to Western Sahara page) You have the Atlas Mountains, the biggest mountain range in North Africa, The Sahara Desert, unique and extremely beautiful with special aspects not found in other Saharan countries.
Historical Imperial cities like Marrakech, Fes and Meknes make your trips well worth it in terms of cultural richness.
For what I have done and seen in the country, I intend to come back again and again, and after all the times already, more will definitely come.
I lost count, what i know is that i possibly got into the country around 45 times (until august 2008) and that i moved there in October 2007. I now live in Erfoud town in Sahara Desert.
Do you think you can handle all this action? Do you often dream on rolling over a 30m dune? Kicking high and fall deep in the soft orange sand of Sahara?
You'll have 7 classes (beginners level of course) in how to exercise in Sahara Desert.
Click on the following link to discover these secret techniques HEHEHE:
How to Exercise in Sahara? Enjoy my tips!
- Pros:People, landscapes, historical aspects and ancient cities.
- Cons:Ketama Region, Casablanca, Agadir
- In a nutshell:The best place on Earth to travel
I stayed here for 1 week after I decided to come to Marrakech for a couple of weeks. As for working reasons I has to... more travel advice
«Sahara Desert is the place where your profound desires are lauched and your dream fantasies come to life.» Hotel Riad... more travel advice
- See All Photos of Morocco
- See All Randonnées Maroc
- See All Parking in Marrakesh
- See All Bicycle in Sahara
- See All Tizi Bou Zabel Pass 2400m
- See All Dogs
johnsakura's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 521 Reviews
- 937 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Videos in MoroccoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues