"Region of Inchiri" Region de l' Inchiri by johnsakura
Region de l' Inchiri Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 26 photos
here's a map where you can easily identify where this region in the big mauritania is located. This region goes all the way from the north border with morocco to the west with the firshermen village of Nouamghar or El Mamghar, and ends east a few kilometres away from Akjoujt heading East.
This region has nothing much to see besides desert and more desert. You have at least 3 different kinds of desert dunes here, one with white colour and 2 other in ornage but one dark orange and one a bit more lighten.
apart from the different types of dunes you can find on this region, you can also find this mountains. This one is on your way to Akjoujt.
I made my way to Akjoujt from Nouakchott which belongs to Trarza Region. Nouakchott to Akjoujt is about 256km. Its a long way, and during the day with the extreme heat it may be a bit tough to do. I've done it 4 times, all with car, not public transport.
On my travelogues you can see general views of the region of Inchiri.
This is A VERY NICE website for visiting the Sahara Desert in Morocco. You have from fancy hotels, to cheap cool hostels in the dunes, 4x4 expeditions, quad etc. Enjoy this site!
This are amazing mountains. This bit of road from NKT to Akjoujt is ver nice. This brown hills will break the monotony... more travel advice
This is another type of dunes. So if you didnt believe my story about the different types of colours of dunes, here's... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Region de l' Inchiri Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Region de l' Inchiri
- Hotels in Region de l' Inchiri
- Restaurants in Region de l' Inchiri
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Region de l' Inchiri
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Region de l' Inchiri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Region de l' Inchiri
Photos in Region de l' InchiriSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues