"Islamic Republic of Iran" Top 5 Page for this destination Iran by johnsakura
Iran Travel Guide: 2,868 reviews and 10,197 photos
Iran, this amazing pearl located in the centre of the supposed most dangerous place on earth, border with Pakistan, turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Iraq, this country is a surprise for all travelling there. People are great and very hospitable; Iranians (apart from Islamites which will discriminate and be rude as soon as an opportunity appears) will try to make your visit to the country as pleasant as possible.
Iranian landscapes will make you dream with ancient civilizations and its bazaars will make you spend lots of money as prices are great to buy souvenirs. Iran is one of the best places I’ve ever visited considering quality/cost relation. Transportation, hostels and food is very cheap.
Since 1979 that the country changed to this extreme Muslim policies where still if you look to a girl and talk to her you will be taken to the police station and be hit 80 on your back. 2 words for this: Ayatollah Khomeini.
This all area is a mess of cultures from the Arabs until 1050 and Turkmen tribes, Genghis Khan in the 14th century, Ottoman Turks and even Portugal! Yes my country were here, controlling all the Southern part of the country in the Persian Gulf where were made many castles to protect their settlements. You can visit Portuguese castles along the southern part of the Persian Gulf; these still standing structures from the 1500's are very nice to see how far human mentality can take you far way from home. I visited one of these castles in the Island of Qeshme and like it very much.
Iranian history is very rich and is the birth of huge ancient civilizations, the Persian Civilization with its capital in Persepolis a few km distance from Shiraz. Only in the 4th century BC Alexander the Great after getting all Greece, Turkey Egypt, and Iraq could actually enter in this hidden city.
- Pros:Wonderful people, great landscapes and bazaars, cheap
- Cons:Some Islamites that consider you westerner like a evil person...
- In a nutshell:Amazing Exotic place! yes Exotic!
Picture of Esfahan School. Info on Kung-Fu To'A fight practice In Kung Fu To´A, we fight together with creation for... more travel advice
This is a photo of the Kung Fu To'a school in the Persian Gulf. Info on Kung-Fu To'A The 7 forms - 7 stages of Kung Fu... more travel advice
- See All Tehran to Istanbul Bus sign
- See All Amir Kabir Hostel Esfahan
- See All Smoking xixa
- See All Big map of Iran
johnsakura's Related Pages
Iran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "19 Fascinating days in Iran"
- "WELCOME TO MY IRAN PAGE"
- "Islamic Republic of Iran"
- "Kish Island"
- "Iran: Axis of History and Civilization"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iran
- Hotels in Iran
- Transportation in Iran
- Nightlife in Iran
- Restaurants in Iran
- Shopping in Iran
- Warnings and Dangers in Iran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iran
- 67 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Iran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iran
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues