Uzbekistan Favorite Tips by johnsakura Top 5 Page for this destination
Uzbekistan Favorites: 57 reviews and 75 photos
Favorite thing: You can enjoy a cheerful presentation of Uzbek folk stories, the tradictional Bukharan wedding cerimony and many anedocts of Hoja Nasruddin. There are 2 plays per day one at 7pm and other at 8pm. You should buy your ticket in advance cos sometimes they dont have people to start the theatre so they cancel the show. if you buy the ticket they will have to make the play for you.
Juma mosque in Ark-Bukhara uzbekistan
Favorite thing: This is the Friday mosque inside the Ark fortress in Bukhara. This is located on top of the entrance ramp of the building complex. This mosque belongs to the 17th century and has a porch supported by tall columns of sycamore. Inside theres a musuem with 19th and 20th century manuscripts and writing tools.
Favorite thing: Located in Registan street (Registanskaya) just across the street from the restaurant Labig'Or.
Here you can find information about Ayni and what he has done as an author.
Maghoki-Attar Mosque Bukhara
Favorite thing: Maghoki-Attar Mosque is located in bukhara after the Labi-Hauz square complex, just besides the Nadir Divanbegi Khanaka. Anbar street. This is Central Asia oldest surviving mosque and it comes all the way from the 12th century. Under this mosque archaeologists found a 5th century Zoroastrian temple and a ealier Buddhist temple.
Favorite thing: Tashkent is the most cosmopolite city in all Central Asia. It has all big cities usually have. The urbazation of the city will remind you of soviet presence.
Its a very modern city for what you could expect at Central Asia Silk Road country as Uzbekistan.
Favorite thing: The huge gate you can see further on the picture is the Entrance Gate to Uzbekistan coming from Kazakhstan.
This will give you a very impressive first look of the country and marks the evident position of Uzbek people of being very proud of their country.
Fondest memory: I was very impressed by the land border with Kzakhstan and Uzbekistan. A huge gate was wainting me to enter... Police on the Uzbek side was far more polite and nice than in Kazakhstan.
More Reviews (57)
- See All Deal your prices
- See All Hoja Nasruddin statue
- See All Chirchik River
- See All Uzbekistan Map
- See All Suicide bombs
johnsakura's Related Pages
Uzbekistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzbekistan - the crossroads of time"
- "Uzbekistan-The Silk Road Wonder"
- "Uzbekistan, young country, old history."
- "On the ancient Silk Road"
- "Uzbekistan, many good memories"
- "Uzbekistan – visit, smell, touch, look and marvel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uzbekistan
- Hotels in Uzbekistan
- Transportation in Uzbekistan
- Nightlife in Uzbekistan
- Restaurants in Uzbekistan
- Shopping in Uzbekistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Uzbekistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uzbekistan
- 63 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Uzbekistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzbekistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues