"Kumanovo" Kumanovo by johnsakura

Kumanovo Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 84 photos

Well...what can I say, apart from a existing monastery that I didn't see, I don't think you'll enjoy much this city. There's not much to see. Of course like I always say, just for personal knowledge is ok.

This town stays right on the way up from Skopje to Beograd.

My entire journey in FYR of Macedonia had been great. People are great, both Macedonians and Albanians living in the country. I had no problems with them. I the markets people were always very nice and made the soccer player Figo the first subject of conversation when I said my origin country.

Kumanovo is a city that had many problems during the war. As they are one of the cities just a few km from Kosovo Region. People still consider this city and others in the border line to be Kosovo. It makes sense to me how just for a few km a thing just stops being something.

The city is just a few km form the border with Serbia and it has a high number of traffic of people that sometimes come from SOfia Bulgaria also.

People say Macedonia is a bit Serbian, a bit Albanian and a bit Greek. That’s the construction of the country. Nowadays with full credibility as a country with traditions I hope things go better in the future for everyone.

facts about the city:

(1991)
Population: 135,529
Area: sq km 1,212

Kumanovo is an economic, trading and cultural centre in the northern part of Macedonia. The town's prosperity rests upon the metal-processing, tobacco, footwear and textile industries, as well as agriculture.

The town has an outstanding revolutionary tradition. Together with Prilep, it was in Kumanovo that the anti-fascist insurrection of the Macedonian people and its struggle for na- tional and social liberation began on October 11,1941

• Last visit to Kumanovo: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2003

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Hi John, just saw your Kumanovo page, because i am also going to make one...Maybe you should remove the remarks about landmines from your tips, it is not up-to-date anymore and may scare people from visiting this beautiful country :-) Cheers, Dennis

johnsakura

“Straight forward please...”

Badges & Stats in Kumanovo

Have you been to Kumanovo?

Latest Activity in Kumanovo