"Kumanovo" Kumanovo by johnsakura
Kumanovo Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 84 photos
Well...what can I say, apart from a existing monastery that I didn't see, I don't think you'll enjoy much this city. There's not much to see. Of course like I always say, just for personal knowledge is ok.
This town stays right on the way up from Skopje to Beograd.
My entire journey in FYR of Macedonia had been great. People are great, both Macedonians and Albanians living in the country. I had no problems with them. I the markets people were always very nice and made the soccer player Figo the first subject of conversation when I said my origin country.
Kumanovo is a city that had many problems during the war. As they are one of the cities just a few km from Kosovo Region. People still consider this city and others in the border line to be Kosovo. It makes sense to me how just for a few km a thing just stops being something.
The city is just a few km form the border with Serbia and it has a high number of traffic of people that sometimes come from SOfia Bulgaria also.
People say Macedonia is a bit Serbian, a bit Albanian and a bit Greek. That’s the construction of the country. Nowadays with full credibility as a country with traditions I hope things go better in the future for everyone.
Area: sq km 1,212
Kumanovo is an economic, trading and cultural centre in the northern part of Macedonia. The town's prosperity rests upon the metal-processing, tobacco, footwear and textile industries, as well as agriculture.
The town has an outstanding revolutionary tradition. Together with Prilep, it was in Kumanovo that the anti-fascist insurrection of the Macedonian people and its struggle for na- tional and social liberation began on October 11,1941
This are the kind of places people can get stucked for hours and hours. better way to pass is by bus. police jusst enter... more travel advice
I don't know that if places like this can still have some mines or something dangerous. more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Kumanovo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lindroos_J's new Kumanovo Page"
- "On road construction in Macedonia"
- "Kumanovo...or Kumanova :)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kumanovo
- Transportation in Kumanovo
- Restaurants in Kumanovo
- Shopping in Kumanovo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kumanovo
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Kumanovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kumanovo
Photos in KumanovoSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues