"Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa by johnsakura

Africa Travel Guide: 78,470 reviews and 217,272 photos

Africa

This is the biggest continent of it all. This huge continent contains a huge variety of people and cultures. The whole United States fits into the continent of Africa about 3.3 times, and that includes Alaska and Hawaii.
There are 54 countries in the African continent.
Africa has a very special energy that I also separate and make 2 different distictions: North Africa with its Saharian special energy and black africa also with its special but different energy. both indeed interesting and full of nice surprises and true people.

I came to Africa in several trips already.
when i was a child i used to go often to Ceuta, the spanish city in north africa and i guess that that fact stood with me until the present day. Now I often go to Morocco. Its my favorite vacations country.

My recent trips to africa

My past trips to Morocco:

2006-April 9 days
2006-April/May/June 34 days
2006-August 8 days

My past trips to Islamic Republic of Mauritania:

To Mauritania I entered 5 times.

December 2003, January 2004x2, March 2004 and finally April 2004.

My past trips to Senegal:

Twice on April 2004 going and coming from The Gambia;

My past trips to The Gambia:

April 2004

Park Niokolo Koba-Senegal
Parc National de Niokolo Koba is one of the few places in Senegal that belong to the UNESCO programme for World Heritage.
The park is open during the dry season and this is the best time to visit it cos you can apreciate animal near water courses and all.

You can go to the park with a small car but for the majority of tracks inside it, you need a 4WD car or just going there with the trucks given by the park for payed excursions.

There are many large species of animals: buffalos, hartebeeste, shaggy Defassa waterbuck, bushbuck, antilope harnache or guib, warthogs, crocodiles and hippos; roan antelopem wetsern giant eland. and chimpazees. Some people say lions and elephants can be rarely be seen, although my guide told me its not true. Leopards can be seen.

• Last visit to Africa: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2012

• Aug 20, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Great tips about Africa

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Very Interesting and very useful transportation tips! the best I have see at VT and not only... Thanks for sharing

• Mar 1, 2006 at 4:57 AM

More and more I know that I need to see more of Africa! Thank you. Greetings!

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 7:29 PM

Nice overview on Africa. Hope to get there in the future.:) I have seen simillar `termits cathedrals` in Australia.;)

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 7:43 AM

Enjoy the last moments of 2005 and already the best for 2006. Happy travels!!! Great Page BTW.

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 2:33 AM

Stunning photos (love your people's tlogues) and wonderful info ! Thanks so much for sharing.

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 9:09 AM

Brilliant pages, filled with so much appropriate info and interesting facts. Feel like I travelled it with you through these pages, thank you.