"Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa by johnsakura
Africa Travel Guide: 78,470 reviews and 217,272 photos
This is the biggest continent of it all. This huge continent contains a huge variety of people and cultures. The whole United States fits into the continent of Africa about 3.3 times, and that includes Alaska and Hawaii.
There are 54 countries in the African continent.
Africa has a very special energy that I also separate and make 2 different distictions: North Africa with its Saharian special energy and black africa also with its special but different energy. both indeed interesting and full of nice surprises and true people.
I came to Africa in several trips already.
when i was a child i used to go often to Ceuta, the spanish city in north africa and i guess that that fact stood with me until the present day. Now I often go to Morocco. Its my favorite vacations country.
My past trips to Morocco:
2000-April/May 20 days
2000/2001-December/January 12 days
2002-January 6 days
2002-March/April 31 days
2002-August 16 days
2003-February 15 days
2003-June 7 days
2003-August 12 days
2003-December 7 days
2004-January 2 days
2004-March 3 days
2004-April 4 days
2004-August/September 13 days
2004/2005-December/January 7 days
2005-July 17 days
2005-August 13 days
2005/2006-December/January 8 days
2006-January 17 days
2006-February 28 days
2006-April 9 days
2006-April/May/June 34 days
2006-August 8 days
My past trips to Islamic Republic of Mauritania:
To Mauritania I entered 5 times.
December 2003, January 2004x2, March 2004 and finally April 2004.
My past trips to Senegal:
Twice on April 2004 going and coming from The Gambia;
My past trips to The Gambia:
Park Niokolo Koba-Senegal
Parc National de Niokolo Koba is one of the few places in Senegal that belong to the UNESCO programme for World Heritage.
The park is open during the dry season and this is the best time to visit it cos you can apreciate animal near water courses and all.
You can go to the park with a small car but for the majority of tracks inside it, you need a 4WD car or just going there with the trucks given by the park for payed excursions.
There are many large species of animals: buffalos, hartebeeste, shaggy Defassa waterbuck, bushbuck, antilope harnache or guib, warthogs, crocodiles and hippos; roan antelopem wetsern giant eland. and chimpazees. Some people say lions and elephants can be rarely be seen, although my guide told me its not true. Leopards can be seen.
Very easy to arrive, the riad is located right in the heart of Marrakesh, 3 minutes walking from Jemaa el Fna main... more travel advice
This is an alternative to your normal hotel stay while in the dunes of Erg Chebbi. You can just arrive (they provide... more travel advice
- See All Gueltat Zemmour ->To Layoune
- See All Weird brigdes in Senegal, crocodiles...
- See All Ouzoud Waterfalls Morocco
johnsakura's Related Pages
Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AFRICA - LAND OF HISTORY & FRIENDSHIP"
- "A continent full of contrasts."
- "Africa, a never ending lovestory !"
- "My private Africa"
- "Africa the oldest Continent"
- "Africa - The Adventure Continent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Africa
- Hotels in Africa
- Transportation in Africa
- Nightlife in Africa
- Restaurants in Africa
- Shopping in Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in Africa
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Africa
- 1,368 Reviews
- 2,255 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 48 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Africa
Videos in AfricaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues