"Igrejinha" Igrejinha by johnsakura
Igrejinha Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 45 photos
This is a typical village from Alentejo Region. The white houses with colored stripes, where distinct colors are almost like a neighbors competition to see who can have the most well painted house on the village.
The majority of people here are old aged. Although youngters are also living here of course but they seem to have always something to do in nearby places like Evora. All the young people in the age to attend secundary school have to go to Evora (14km away) to have classes. Every morning there are a couple of regular buses that take people to Evora.
On the picture is a herd of cows on the road to Igrejinha. After they noticed me photographing they all came and looked at me. Very curious animal indeed.
This is the entry sign if you're comming from Evora.
This is a country side zone. Evora is also Portugal's country side so you can imagine this as being the country side of the country side.
Farms are the majority way of people's living. Cattle is very normal here and cows, bulls and sheeps of this region are quite good for meat industry.
As you can see on the picture, these houses are painted differently. You have green houses, red houses, blue, yellow, brown, etc...
johnsakura's Related Pages
Igrejinha Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Igrejinha
- Transportation in Igrejinha
- Warnings and Dangers in Igrejinha
- See All...
Explore the World
- Angeles City
- Sandys Parish Hotels
- State of South Australia
- Trece Martires City Hotels
- Bad Windsheim
- South Ponte Vedra Beach Hotels
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- Sugar Pine Point State Park Hotels
- Madeira Beach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Igrejinha
- 42 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Igrejinha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Igrejinha
Photos in IgrejinhaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues