"Matosinhos" Matosinhos by johnsakura
Matosinhos Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 20 photos
The Matosinhos is included in the distrito of Porto (also known as Oporto) and has 10 councils.
Matosinhos is a costal region located in the north of Portugal.
Matosinhos city population is around 25,000 inhabitants and the total population.
Around the year 900, Matosinhos was known as Matesinhos and in 1514 received from king D.Manuel I the foral (old method of elevating a village to city). In 1867 the concelho status was achieved and in 1984 came the modern city recognization.
Matosinhos was the local chosen by D.Pedro to start his war against D.Miguel (see Obelisco de Pampelido).
Matosinhos is the birth of Passos Manuel and Passos José (liberal brothers that changed Portugal) and Álvaro Siza Viera (known architect) and was the favorite site for the renown painter Abel Salazar.
In terms og geography, Matosinhos is a normal costal region with the Leça river crossing and finishing in Matosinhos.
Now that the Metro do Porto is finsihed you can easily access Matosinhos just a click away from centre Porto.
This is the new subway that supports all the Porto zone area in terms of transportation. Porto had since 1974 projects... more travel advice
This monument stands alone in the middle of nothing. Locate in Paços de Manuel now occupies an zrea where people just... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Matosinhos Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Matosinhos
- Transportation in Matosinhos
- Restaurants in Matosinhos
- Shopping in Matosinhos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matosinhos
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Matosinhos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matosinhos
Photos in MatosinhosSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues