"Oriola" Oriola by johnsakura
Oriola Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 32 photos
Oriola is a small town right on the bank of the Alvito water dam. About 20km from Portel and 45 from Evora.
there isn't much to say or see here. Just passing by from Portel to Viana do Alentejo. Either the way I think is kind of worth it just to stop for a while.
On the site you can birdwatch a lot. In this case you have a stork. You can also find some eagles and gnus
Alvito water dam. This water dam is very important for the region. Its actually big for Alentejo size. Here on the picture you can see what happen when rained a lot. The road is closed due to overflooding.
The twn is small, not organized, some roads don't have asfalt. Besides the very interesting churches the closed road and some nice birds, I didnt see anything else worth seeing. You can just spend 20 minutes here and leave to go to another place in the area.
On the picture its not the main church, this is another one.
I bet that the old people that live here (and the majority of people that live here are old folks), use this small... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Oriola Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Oriola
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Oriola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oriola
Photos in OriolaSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues