"Santa Sofia" Santa Sofia by johnsakura
Santa Sofia Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 54 photos
Santa Sofia stands has a small village with mor or less 60 inhabitans from which 90% are more than 50 year old.
Like in other villages in Portuguese country side, only old people stay there to live. The two last generations left long ago when they had to head Evora to have Secundary school and University. people start to live in the big town Evora or in Lisbon or any other place on hearth that has more than 30 houses...
People nnow live lonely with their memories of the first 50 years of the 20th century still on their heads. The Portuguese dictator Antonia de Oliveria Salazar had great poer until the last decade of 60's. Actually nothing had really chnaged here since then...
The sign that heads the village. This place here on the road is exactly 17km from Evora. The village is also 18 km from Montemor-o-Novo.
johnsakura's Related Pages
Santa Sofia Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Santa Sofia
- Transportation in Santa Sofia
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Sofia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Sofia
- 51 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Santa Sofia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Sofia
Photos in Santa SofiaSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues