"Sao Brissos" São Brissos by johnsakura
São Brissos Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 27 photos
Again and hoping you don't get tired of my destinations to be the countryside's countryside like I usually call it, here's another tip page on a small village in The Alentejo Region in Evora's district.
Sao Brissos is not very big. I saw maybe forty houses total. They're spread in a relatively big area relating other nearby villages. The area is quite beautiful in terms of landscapes. You have a very tiny local road which takes you from Santiago do Escoural to Valverde. Sao Brissos stays 6km from Santiago do Escoural.
On the picture you have the village's sign which is now left broken on the floor. For me it gives the sense of what is actually passing in the area. Forgotten places like this still exist and can be quite interesting. People live tranquil and calm. Nothing much goes around so peaceful atmosphere is what you'll find.
I made a page where you’ll find some interesting architectures but the majority will be local houses and show you local people live.
You'll not find much to see in the village. Besides the rural and local houses you'll find a very interesting church right on the entry and after you have a very interesting Chapel made on top of an old megalithic monument. I'll try to provide a photo of the chapel soon. I somehow only knew about its existence after I actually went there. So I'll try to go there again soon and give you a nice photo of course.
Around this little village you only have crop fields. Green fields will be the majority found. This could be a very pleasant trip and enjoy nature at its best. After the village and until Valverde, you have an incredibly huge are with eucalyptus.
One of the special things about this place is the way people decorate their houese. They paint their houese every year... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
São Brissos Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in São Brissos
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to São Brissos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Brissos
Photos in São BrissosSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues