"Medieval Terena" Terena by johnsakura
Terena Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 100 photos
The town of Terena was granted by royal deed to Chavalier Gil Martins in 1262 during the reign of Dom Afonso III.
Its narrow street will definately cativate your senses and bring you back in medieaval times when knights used to share streets with locals... Indeed another type of time that is much worth visiting. Half way from Monsaraz to Vla Viçosa this town is full of monuments and interesting things to visit.
This is what you'll find nearby the town of Terena. Beautiful fields with cork or olive trees. This picture was mede in early February so things are usualy green due to humidity and a bit of rain mixed with lots of sun.
The castle was seriously destryoed back in Lisbon's earthquake of 1755. remeber that Lisbon is almost 200km far away from Terena so you can imagine how strong the earthquake was.
Now the castle is used s a local turist office (on the main tower), and often used for concerts and events. edieavel games take place 2 in 2 years here. People from Germany America and actually all over come here to create a event of fighting gaes with medieavel features.
old racing car in very good shape. Very rare to find cars like thses nowadays. A perfect classic car... more travel advice
- Night view
- See All Lemons
- See All Lucefecit water dam
- See All Dogs
johnsakura's Related Pages
Terena Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Terena
- 62 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Terena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terena
Photos in TerenaSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues