"Vale de Moura (Moor Valley)" Vale de Moura by johnsakura

Vale de Moura Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos

Vale de Moura

I still have many tips to edit but, i have to go...hope you enjoy the existing ones and come back for more...

The exact name for this place should be: Female Moor Valley, as in Portuguese Mouro is for man and Moura is for woman, so this amazing place just outside Evora is quite interesting.
I decide to go out with my girlfriend to discover new places in the region like we often do. Today I said I would want to go to find a certain water dam nearby. On the map you can see its really offroad and its not even asfalt. This part is where a few number of farms exist and people that live here have 4wd cars. Not me tough. Neither my girlfriend as we took her car instead of mine...hehehe. She just had washed her car the day before.

Like I said, we found dirt roads full of water due to the last rains of the days before. Road and fields were soaked with water and some roads wer really full with water for dozens of metres. After a while we found out that we were actually inside someone's property and weren't supposed to be there. In our way we found this special place which has a kind of natural reserv inside were special flora and fauna coexist giving a very rich scenery. Lots of birds and different animal. Storks make this place a must for nest due to the realx environment.

Water Dam and enrironmental protected area

This special place has an amazing ecositem going on. This is protected area were rare migratory birds come to nest and sleep as in case of the Grus grus (latin name). Many different eagle types can also be found here.
other birds can be found:
Aguia-de-asa-redonda (Buteo buteo),
Peneireiro-cinzento (Elanus caeruleus),
Aguia-caçadeira (Circus pygargus e C. cyaneus),
Peneireiro-vulgar (Falco tinnunculus)
Francelho-das-torres (Falco naumanni).
Other birds come only for passage area:
Falcao-peregrino (Falco peregrinus)
Aguia-real (Aquila chrisaetus)
Falcao stands for Falcon; Aguia stands for Eagle.

If you want to check my travelogues on these please click on the following links:
Vale de Moura water dam
Environmental protected area of Vale de Moura

How to get a car stuck in mud?Want to learn?

Well...what can I say but that I got stuck in mud. Actually the problem wasnt the mud, the the car got the ground that put the car up while the wheel went to a hole. So this made the car lose its traction. I tried to take it out along with my girlfriend. We both got so dirty with mud all over. Because the night was comming and was getting really cold we went to the nearest farm (1.5km away/1mile) and asked the guy to help us out with his tractor. What an adventure. I love to ride a tractor, what a machine! ha!

If you want to see more of this adventure please click on this quick link to go to my Mud adventure travelogue.

• Last visit to Vale de Moura: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2004

• andrea.d's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2004 at 2:22 PM

Great page Joao! Travelogue pics are amaizing and the dog film is so lovely!

johnsakura

“Straight forward please...”

Badges & Stats in Vale de Moura

Have you been to Vale de Moura?

Latest Activity in Vale de Moura