"Yaroslavskaya Oblast'" Yaroslavskaya Oblast' by johnsakura
Yaroslavskaya Oblast' Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 509 photos
Yaroslavskaya Oblast's area is about 36.4 th.sq.km, and its population rounds about 1 451th. people.
The capital of this region is Jaroslavl' that stands about 250km from Moscow.
Jaroslavl' is 123km south away from Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy.
Yaroslavskaya Oblast' borders with mnay other regions in western Russia.
The trajectory I made to come here was from the region of Vladimirskaya Oblast'.
I made a day trip from Suzdal passing Yur'yev-Pol'skiy still in Vladimirskaya Oblast' and further more i reached the ancient town of Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy, founded back in 1152 by the Prince of Suzdal Principality Yury Dolgoruky, who also founded some other Golden Ring towns.
All the towns and this amzing circuit of the Golden Ring its just amazing and when driving, gets full of nice and undiscovered surprises.
My pages in towns and vilages in this region are available here on VT just a click away on the following links:
Nothing much exists around Kabanskoye, just an old house with no more than 100 years old which now is just lost in the middle on the field looking cars passing everyday.
It seems this house as been trying to be recovered to turn itself into a religious house like an orthodox church.
There are about 50000 habitants in this small provincial town. There are a few interesting buildings to visit in this town and a beautiful monasteries, the monastery of St. Nikita where he is burried and where his sacrifice tools are held also, and also Goritsky monastery is worth a visit.
Pereslavl was founded back in 1152 by the Prince of Suzdal Principality Yury Dolgoruky
Ryazantsevo is located on the Yaroslavskaya Oblast' region and its just a small village which has a train station, serving train services to all the nearby villages. For this is gets a bit more importance than the surounding villages. There are a fwe number of very traditional painted wooden houses on the way passing this small village.
Yelizarovo is located on the Yaroslavskaya Oblast' region and its just a small village with two old religious buildings which I think are no earlier than the 18th century. Very interesting to find these out lost in the middle of the countryside.
Still you can surf this little introdution I made on the region and find in a short and quick way what is there to see that I visited.
Landscape around Yelizarovo. no coments. more travel advice
Yelizarovo is located on the Yaroslavskaya Oblast' region and its just a small village with two old religious buildings... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Yaroslavskaya Oblast' Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Hotels in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Transportation in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Nightlife in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Restaurants in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Shopping in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- Warnings and Dangers in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
- 63 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Yaroslavskaya Oblast'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'
Photos in Yaroslavskaya Oblast'See All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues