"Kuntaur port town" Kuntaur by johnsakura
Kuntaur Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 26 photos
Kuntaur is a port town on the Gambia River, on the Maccarthy Island (now Janjanbureh Island division) in central gambia on the north bank .Oceangoing vessels of 5 m navigate 240 km upstream to Kuntaur to load peanuts (groundnuts) for export.
The town port of Kuntaur is a very peaceful place. You can get a boat here to go down the river till the capital banjul. This is the perfect place to visit some hippos and monkeys in the baboon island just on the other side of the river.
Georgetown is located more less 17km distance from Kuntaur.
For my Georgetown aka Janjanbureh page click here
This is an important pre historic place in the Gambia, but of course no Stonehenge. This is a circle of stones that seems to date from 1300AD to 750AD by some analisys made to found carbon. It seems that vefore the stones were actually there, the place was sacred and used to make rituals and used like a buriel site.
This site is close to the town heading north on the road.
For my page on Wassu click here
Warehouses like this are very nice to see. They transmit some kind of old times I cant really explain that feeling. A... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Kuntaur Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kuntaur
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Kuntaur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuntaur
Photos in KuntaurSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues