Tambacounda Things to Do Tips by johnsakura
Tambacounda Things to Do: 6 reviews and 6 photos
Heres a thing which is not normal at all to see around this places in west africa. this is a pig, and a huge one...
Mr Souto Toure, he received me and my friends. very nice man, he was very polite indeed. I organized an expedition called Evora-Tambacounda 2004 which would connect portugal to mauritania and senegal, and he received us. We gave him lots of goods from our city world heritage. medals, books, videos and all... he is a former minister of regionalization or something.
you can see how do the local senegalese shops look like. you have fancy supermarjkets on some of the major petrol stations with expensive european stuff (low quality one of course), but this place you get the real thing!
Street markets are very interesting to walk. You can get almost everything on the streets, from clothes to tasty mangoes! yes buy some mangoes, very cheap. you have to deal the prices, cos people will doble the actual price of things just because you're a foreigner.
Driving here is mad, the streets have huge holes where your car suspension will die!
yes, see close, the sign was supposed to say night club, not nihgt clube right?, you can find this Farro club on the road to Niokolo Koba right after the rail track.
This inside markets can be found near the road to Dakar. Along the street and after the main police headquarters.
This is surely the place to get some scarfs and tissues with local paterns from senegal. remeber all this stuff comes from china! they are not made in senegal. the one painted yes, but the ones printed, no way. i once asked a lady where were hers tissued made and she dais dakar, ok poor woman, she know that's comming from dakar, but from china to dakar, dakar to tamba hehehe
More Reviews (18)
johnsakura's Related Pages
Tambacounda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Tambacounda
- Hotels in Tambacounda
- Transportation in Tambacounda
- Shopping in Tambacounda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mamelodi Hotels
- Hickory Run State Park Hotels
- South Hampton Hotels
- Fort Yargo State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tambacounda
- 24 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Tambacounda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambacounda
Photos in TambacoundaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues