"Tambacounda" Tambacounda by johnsakura
Tambacounda Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 34 photos
Tambacounda is the major city stop on the train from Dakar to Bamako in Mali. This used to belong to the Ancient Empire of Mali. This city is inside the reagion with the same name: Tamabcounda which has the famous National Park of Niokolo Koba, World Heritage.
Tambacounda is famous for its rich djembe (type of traditional drum from senegal) and dance culture and heritage.
Here on the picture you can see Touba written on the wall. Touba stands for this very famous city where anually people go to this festival to see their Marabu (holy man).
Children will find yourself very exotic and very good to stare. Also they will see you has a nice way to have something. They will ask you for everything.
Thats my car. this time I made all the way down from Portugal down to Spain, to Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal... amazing trip. thousands of miles in 5 weeks. 12000km
TRAVEL LINKS TO MOROCCO
this is a selection of links i made to travel in morocco. this is senegal but since this is africa you might want to consider also travel to morocco! enjoy!
rent house in morocco
morocco photo gallery
hotel dunes morocco
auberge de charme
inn sahara morocco
hotel dunes merzouga
tours 4x4 morocco
tours 4x4 maroc
tours 4x4 sud maroc
hotel desert sahara
You can get good and fresh bread every morning in this kind of places. you can find them everywhere in the city. bread... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Tambacounda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Tambacounda
- Hotels in Tambacounda
- Transportation in Tambacounda
- Shopping in Tambacounda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tambacounda
- 24 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Tambacounda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambacounda
Photos in TambacoundaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues