"Guelmim" Guelmim by johnsakura
Guelmim Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
Guelmim or Goulimine or even Gulimin, is a small town recently overcorwed by tourists coming from Agadir to see its Saturday morning Camel Market now maybe only working beacuse travel agencies still want it to work and pack tourist there.
The town itself is not much and its ambiance told to be already an ambiance from the desert is not really the real thing. On brochures you can see Guelmim as the door to the desert or the gateway to sahara, and advertise that you'll be able to see the true blue men from the desert. Now you have some nomadic tents strategicaly put there for tourists (people don't know this!!). If you want to see the real thing go to Mhamid 90km south of Zagora or go to Merzouga after Rissani.
Ok, so this city has some interesting streets and nice saturday suq, all full of moroccan traditional handicraft to sell to tourists and a camel market. Usually in the summer ion the nearby village of Asrir (10km from Guelmim) you have the anual moussems and usually REAL TUAREG people come there.
This is a picture of me on the road to Guelmim. You can see the road sign on the left side of the picture that I was 58km from Guelmim.
Photo by Eric Gonçalves
- Cons:Its not the Gateway to Sahara|no real blue men Tuaregs no mater what people there tell you! they are cons!
If yo intend to go south to western sahara you can get a ride on a Western Sahara old cargo truck. watch out and dont... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Guelmim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the Sahara"
- "In the middle of nowhere"
- "Going south - Tighmart oasis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guelmim
- Hotels in Guelmim
- Transportation in Guelmim
- Restaurants in Guelmim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guelmim
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Guelmim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guelmim
Photos in GuelmimSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues