"Chinguetti" Chinguetti by johnsakura
Chinguetti Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 64 photos
Ah Chinguetti. I made myself going for the second time to Mauritania exclusively to take the train NDB Choum to get to Chinguetti. I couldn't manage that and got stuck in NDB for a whole week waiting for my flight authorization. So I said to myself, Joao, you have to go there again and please do not miss Chinguetti. I didnt, and made everything on my reach to go there in style. So I was received by the Mayor of Chinguetti, in his office. This man is not only the city mayor but the head chief of the whole region of the adrar. cool hey? he was very nice and received our expedition with joy.
I arrived in Chinguetti about 3 o'clock afternoon and went directly to the police station asking for the mayor. We went to the mayor's house talked to him, gave him presents, he gave us a letter to our mayor, and the guy gaves us his right harm Mr. Nana. Nana was the man responsible for the fight againts poverty office.
Chinguetti is now composed by two parts of the town, the new and the old part. the old part, the western side dates back 700 years. The age has to do with most of old Chinguetti being constructed from stones. The main attraction in the city is the old mosque with its beautiful tower. Chinguetti was one of the most holy cities in Islam ranked, even today, as number 7.
NBD-stands for Nouadhibou
On the picture above you have Nana. Very nice guy. University of Economy in NKT, he now works in the office of the fight against poverty of Chinguetti. He offered us his house food and all. He bought things specially for us and in Mauritania that is rare. He asked us if we wanted to sleep on his house or on his parents tent in the desert, since their parents are nomads and live on a tent in the field of sand. Of course we've chosen the tent.
This is a pic of the amazing Adrar region. This is one of the landscapes you can find on the region making it unforgettable to your mind. This is a bit of the road from Atar to Chinguetti that has asphalt. All the rest is dirt road.
Old houses like this one are maybe hundreds of years old already and pass generation to generation. The wooden doors are... more travel advice
These doors are just after the old mosque. very nice. i like it very much, the old wood of the doors along with the mud... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Chinguetti Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Chinguetti
- Hotels in Chinguetti
- Transportation in Chinguetti
- Shopping in Chinguetti
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chinguetti
- 28 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Chinguetti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chinguetti
Photos in ChinguettiSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues