"Fderik Militar Outpost" Fderik by johnsakura
Fderik Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Fderik is a small town right on the bottom of the big iron mountains from which the big entreprise SNIM (Societe Nacional Industrie Minere) takes all the iron from, making it the 1st export good of Mauritania.
Fderik is only 28km from Zouerat whrere the big offices of SNIM are. This town is the first town you'll see for many km if you're coming from the tracks of Choum.
The town itself has nothing much than a few houses, military facilities and a few shops.
These are one of the huge iron mountains near Fderik and Zouerat. Iron is the first and most important export good for the country. The money SNIM makes of just one train carrying iron and selling it, pays all the expensies for the company for one month. There are 3 trains a day from Zouerat to NDB. Now think on that money and the fact of Mauritania being one of the most poor countries in West in Africa.
The train from Nouadhibou to Choum-Fderik-Zouerat is the longest train in the world. The iron ore train carry thousands... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Fderik Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fderik
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Fderik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fderik
Photos in FderikSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues