"Cesme" Cesme by johnsakura
Cesme Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 38 photos
Cesme is located in the southwest part of Turkey, west of Izmir.
It seems this name Cesme comes from the Turkish word. The name comes from the 18th century and from the numerous water springs existing on the area.
There are many beaches near Cesme that will make you like them for sure.
“…In the center there is a 14th century Genoese fortress which was restored by the Ottomans in the 16th century. The Caravanserai neighboring the fortress was built by Suleyman the Magnificent in the 16th century which was converted to a hotel during the restoration of Hagios Haralambos Church as the Amir Caka art gallery in the 19th century.
Cesme is also famous for the Song Contests in the summer which is held in the Cesme Castle…”
info taken from:
The city is great. You have the old fortress and the sea all over the coast of the city. The port area is quite special since you can get a view of the boats that go fishing or take tourists on journeys.
All around Cesme Bay of the Aegean Sea you have wonderful beaches. You can choose by the ones near the town or just go a bit far to the South coast to experience less crowed bits of sea coast.
those boats are the ones taking usyally imigrants from here to Italy and france. I notice the majority of the car plates... more travel advice
johnsakura's Related Pages
Cesme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cesme sans the fountain"
- "A pleasant town to discover waiting the ferry to G"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesme
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Cesme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesme
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues