Almaty Transportation Tips by johnsakura Top 5 Page for this destination
Almaty Transportation: 42 reviews and 40 photos
china bus almaty urumqi kazakhstan
you can get buses to china. ill come back with this informaton soon. i didnt did it but i wanted to so i colected all the info i needed to do it.
volga kazkhstan almaty russia
youll find many of these cars all over kazakhstan. volga is a very string car and people there call it the russian mercedes.
Type: Car/Motor Home
almaty shymkento to turkistan tashkent kazkhstan
from the novy autobus station this trip costs about $7 and takes you for many hours on the southern par tof the country entering biskhek just for a fe minutes and departs right away to taraz and shymkent. this is the bus you should take if you want to head south to uzbekistan, from shymkent you can take another bus to the border and from the uzbekistan border another bus to tashkent capital of uzbekistan. all the trip is very nice and the mountains are beautiful!
you have 3 daily buses from almaty to shymkent. the best is the noght bus that will make you arrive in shymkent in the morning not at night time!
OUT Almaty by BUS
you can get several long distances buses from sayran bus station at novy abtovoksal corner with tole bi and mate zalki. phone 264644. this staion is 4km away from the centre and you can get a bus there on the bus stops aside silk way city shoing mall the new one.
you can get to balkash shymkent a and further to turkistan. taraz service also runs here and usually is the same service that goes to shymkent (this is the bus you have to take if you want to enter uzbekistan by local transport.
at the sayakhat bus station you have buses for local destinations like talgar canyons, chilik, kapchagay. you can also take the bus for $5 to taraz and $t to shymkent. this bus station is located in stary avtovokal and the phone is 300882 at the raymbek ulitsa.
on the picture you have the novy abtovoksal bus station.
ride almaty kazakhstan
If you think you can handle and you arec onfident enough with yourself you can easily get a Ride on the back art of a local truck. you can just ask for a ride and people will stop and give you a ride. i dont think this is a very good tip as many people say getting rides in central asia is dangerous.
I went on some Children excursions to the association i was as volunteer. we went to their summer camp house to give children some workshops. wnglish, art and lots of games. we also went to this ostrich farmjust a few hours away from almaty.
Driving in Almaty is madness! is you are able to rent a car youll have your hair tuned white just in a few minutes inside the car. be careful and have fun! this is te best way to get where you want to go, either bear gorge, medeu and other place a few kms away from the city.
Type: Car/Motor Home
italy to kazakhstan car oveland alone expedition
This is my friend Marco that went alone with his van all the way from Italy to kazakhstan. he said he had big problems on the north part of the country coming from russia when on his map said he had road, but then he had 800 km without road trhu the desert and got stuck for a few days. he also mention me the worst part was ukraina where police is very bad and took a lot of money from him.
he intended to make the countries that marco polo did centuries ago, so this expedition MARCO POLO 2004 was agreat idea of him! he intended to go to china but he had to pay about $6000 to get the permission to go inside the country plus a government gide and his hotel. this authorization would take about 2 to 4 months to be given. he didnt want to wait so he went by airplane to bankok. he end up staying in kazakhstan for 4 months as he meet a russian girl from whom he fell in love with...
Type: Car/Motor Home
yurt horse nomad kazakh kazakhstan almaty
Nomad Kazakh transportation: horse. on the mountains people use horses as transportation. animals are the only chance of people having a transport from mountains to mountains.
this picture was taken in the mountains a few kms away from the entrance of Ili Alatau Natural Park. this is almost the border with kyrgistan and China. you can notice the yurt on the back part of the picture.
Koktyube Cable Car almaty kazakhstan
you can take this cable car to kokktyube. you cay 100T each way and enjoy this ride to the top of the hill and enjoy almaty's wonderful view from the top. you can take it from the back part of the palace of the republic near kazakstan hotel. this is located on the foothill of the zalaisky alatau moutain range. by the time i was there the cable car was closed due to the destruction during the last earthquake in almaty. the cable car runs from 11am to 7pm.
on the picture you can see the blue cable car and the city. this is an amazing ivew of almaty and cant be missed while in the city.
More Reviews (59)
- See All Karasay Batyr Garden
- Prices of things in Almaty
- Satellite view of Almaty and Medeu
- See All Barakholka's district
johnsakura's Related Pages
Almaty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains, Marijuana fields & Mafia all together!"
- "City of apples or great time with an old flame..."
- "Almaty - The City of Apples"
- "Almaty, Central Asian Jewel"
- "Apple Land"
- "The best place on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almaty
- Hotels in Almaty
- Transportation in Almaty
- Nightlife in Almaty
- Restaurants in Almaty
- Shopping in Almaty
- Warnings and Dangers in Almaty
- See All...
Explore the World
- Brimley Hotels
- Godavari Hotels
- Baton Rouge Hotels
- Socastee Hotels
- Air Hitam
Badges & Stats in Almaty
- 78 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Almaty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almaty
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The Caucasian Challenge -..."
- updated a Almaty Travel Page "Mountains, Marijuana fields & Mafia all together!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "St. Nicholas Cathedral or Nikolsky Sobor"
- Wrote a Review Karasay Batyr Garden in Almaty Things to Do
- Commented on one of Lampa's Almaty travel pages
Photos in AlmatySee All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évora Intro, 275 reviews, 314 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 104 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 103 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 81 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nouadhibou Intro, 81 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Intro, 79 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 63 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 58 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (97)
Latest Almaty hotel reviews
- InterContinental Almaty - The Ankara in Kazakhstan
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Best Eastern Dostyk Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- Best Eastern Astana International Hotel Almaty
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2012
- Hotel Kazakhstan
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Hotel Kazzhol
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Almaty
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2012
- Ambassador Hotel Almaty
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2012
- Best Eastern Almaty Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2006
- Premier Alatau Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2011
- Best Eastern Otrar Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013