"Under heavy construction!!!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar by belgianchocolate

Madagascar Travel Guide: 1,225 reviews and 3,983 photos

A dream came true!

Madagascar was a dream I had for a long time...
but I never took it seriously that I would actually go.
It was a far and distant , safe dream.

Where did I get the dream? Well the idea sneaked up on me when I found this book by 'Gerald Durell' - the Aye-aye and I.He was on the cover , almost as ugly as the creature he holds itself. I only remembered the nice things in the book. And later when I visited zoos all over the world and when I ran into those fascinating creatures from Madagascar...the dream got stimulated. I bought Frederik a book about madagascar , had the 'Aye-aye and I'- lingering around...

we went!

And we went. This page is about our adventures. It has not the ambition
to be complete. It are my memories and pictures. We arrived in Antananarivo at night and took the plane to Antsiranana or Diego Suarez the next morning. From there we visited the two nearby national parcs 'Montagne d'ambre' and 'Réserve Spéciale de l'Ankarana'. We also stayed in a village near the sea - Ramena. We took the mini-bus to Hell-Ville on nosy be for a couple of days. Flew back to Diego Suarez and from there to Antananarivo to visit 'Parc National d'Andasibe-Mantadia'. Our last days we spent in Tana , the capital.

We had the time of our lives. Everything went quit smooth. We felt safe and confortable. MADAGASCAR is about making CHOISES!
What do you really want to see. I don't think this page will make it easier...but please enjoy.

• Pros:the food , the people , the animals.....
  • Cons:expensive flights
  • In a nutshell:A place like no other
  • Last visit to Madagascar: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2005

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Fantastic page on your experiences and thoughts on visiting amazing Madagascar! It is an island that I have long wanted to visit. Your photos are excellent and thanks for the many laughs along my way through this page!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM

excellent writing and wonderful pics. I can't wait to see it all myself later this year.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 4:46 AM

great page of madagascar, frank! it's been pretty long time ago never say hi to 2f: you and frede. how are you? :) any plan to visit indonesia?!

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 5:20 AM

Great tips on Madagascar! Thanks!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Ben er volledig mee eens, wilde dieren voederen staat ook niet in mijn reisagenda. GRTz from Houthalen

• Sep 29, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Amazing tips. They are so detailed and well-written!

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 2:15 PM

This page is pretty amazing! I love your pictures also.

• staindesign's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 1:54 PM

This Madagascar page is great, your information is really interesting. I really love to know about places that are so rare.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2006 at 5:27 PM

Olá Frank! You have good tips about a country I'd like very much to visit. Best wishes,

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Just stumbled across this page. Excellent pics of Madagascar. Bet you had fun.

belgianchocolate

“Paradise is just round the corner.... ;-) take care.”

Badges & Stats in Madagascar

Have you been to Madagascar?

Latest Activity in Madagascar