"Under heavy construction!!!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar by belgianchocolate
Madagascar Travel Guide: 1,240 reviews and 4,061 photos
Madagascar was a dream I had for a long time...
but I never took it seriously that I would actually go.
It was a far and distant , safe dream.
Where did I get the dream? Well the idea sneaked up on me when I found this book by 'Gerald Durell' - the Aye-aye and I.He was on the cover , almost as ugly as the creature he holds itself. I only remembered the nice things in the book. And later when I visited zoos all over the world and when I ran into those fascinating creatures from Madagascar...the dream got stimulated. I bought Frederik a book about madagascar , had the 'Aye-aye and I'- lingering around...
And we went. This page is about our adventures. It has not the ambition
to be complete. It are my memories and pictures. We arrived in Antananarivo at night and took the plane to Antsiranana or Diego Suarez the next morning. From there we visited the two nearby national parcs 'Montagne d'ambre' and 'Réserve Spéciale de l'Ankarana'. We also stayed in a village near the sea - Ramena. We took the mini-bus to Hell-Ville on nosy be for a couple of days. Flew back to Diego Suarez and from there to Antananarivo to visit 'Parc National d'Andasibe-Mantadia'. Our last days we spent in Tana , the capital.
We had the time of our lives. Everything went quit smooth. We felt safe and confortable. MADAGASCAR is about making CHOISES!
What do you really want to see. I don't think this page will make it easier...but please enjoy.
- Pros:the food , the people , the animals.....
- Cons:expensive flights
- In a nutshell:A place like no other
A good reason to go to Madagascar is to see wild animals. You sometimes have to do some effort to find them. However ,... more travel advice
Most books will advise you not to eat salads. Why? Because a salad is washed with water and the bacteria in that water... more travel advice
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Madagascar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TONGA SOA"
- "Under heavy construction!!!!!!"
- "NATURALLY MADAGASCAR"
- "Madagascar, an island filled with friendly faces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madagascar
- Hotels in Madagascar
- Transportation in Madagascar
- Nightlife in Madagascar
- Restaurants in Madagascar
- Shopping in Madagascar
- Warnings and Dangers in Madagascar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madagascar
- 31 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Madagascar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madagascar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos