Brussels Nightlife Tips by belgianchocolate Top 5 Page for this destination
Brussels Nightlife: 297 reviews and 311 photos
Gil Do Brazil
I don't know how many times I saw the show.
It must be over a hunderd times.
The first time a big picture of Tina Turner
catched my attention. Could I be more amazed
when that poster wasn't Tina but
'Alain Du Coucou bar'
She is a real star when she performs...
Tina Turner , Shirley Basey , Cher , Dana
International. These larger then live
characters easely come to life.
In the picture you can see 'Gil Do Brazil'
She is an excellent dancer. Her performances
are often quit original. She doesn't
Another favorite is 'Victoria Holyn's'.
She on her own makes you forget
the moulin rouge. ;-)
Who are they...? They are often gay men ,
(a few 'sirenes' - men with real breast)
who love the spotlight , spend loads of time
searching for dresses , muisic , accesoires...
The Coucou is a little world.
The nice thing is , the show is for ' free ,
you just pay for the drinks.
Le Coucou is open during the week
, but not very attractive then.
It lives up in the weekend...
Friday at 2 - show.
Saturday , two shows - 1h30 and 3h30
for the real nightcrawlers.
The shows are always brought by
different artist. In general the quality is high
and the shows are descent...
But be warned , sometime it really s*cks ,
and 'Madame sans G?ne' is a real pest.
It is rather small here. The crowd ,
they all seem to know each other. Gay ,
lesbian , he , she , grandma , it doesn't
matter. Everybody is welcome. One table with
ladies in the back with very large hands ,
it's their day out.
So gents , if you feel like wearing a dress ,
that is ok too. Whatever.
Address: Olivetenhof 8 , 1000 Brussels
Directions: Easy by foot from the 'Grand Place'
not far from the Fontainas-plein
Phone: 02 511 33 36
THE FUSE is probably the best internationally
known discotheque in Belgium.
I don't know. Fact is that often big names
come here for a DJ-set.
'Dave Clark' , 'Ken Ishii' , 'Bob Sinclair'...
Other who were DJ here became big names...
Keep an eye on 'DEG'.
'The music' : dance music , not the
commercial music you hear on the radio...
more alternative , underground....
You can listen at some sessions at the website
I believe a little slower is done at the moment. ;-)
The audience isn't the usual discotheque
Not dressed up , relaxed , sort of trendy...
I don't care how my hare looks-look but I spent
several houres getting it this way.
The setting looks a bit old and outdated ,
like an old garage or and old swimmingpool.
It fits the special atmosphere and gives
the place an extra edge.
Often the entrance fee is much lower before
midnight...prices boom after twelve o'clock.
The reason for that is obvious.
Belgian's tend to go out late and come
home early in the morning.
Often a new DJ set begins at two o'clock and
then the place heatens up.
Do you like champagne?
The 'pullman bar' is part of the Astoria hotel
and houses a champagne bar.
If you like this fluid it is the most perfect decor
enjoy you 'coupe'.
For a long time this has been the only
'champagne bar' in Belgium.
Oh , did I mention they got 40 sorts of champagne?
Dress Code: Guess?
Address: Koningsstraat 103 , rue royal
'Bozar' is the new name for the
'Paleis voor schone kunsten Brussel'.
'centre for fine arts Brussels'
'Palais des beaux arts Bruxelles'
It is a place where national and international
artist come by. Not the 'kylie Minogues' of this
world. More the 'Cecilia Bartok's'.
It is a center for exhibitions , music , dance , theater...
And it is right in the middle of town.
I'm afraid that the website is
only available in Dutch and French.
But you can easely understand the dates and
pictures. I can't imagine that you'll get bored
of Brussels nightlife but it might just be
the case that you like one of the artist that
is just in town while your staying.
Keep an eye on the advertisement in the streets.
I went to see 'Joaquin Cortes' , the darkhaired
dance sensation. We enjoyed our evening
In the picture you can see the reservation office
at the 'Ravensteinstraat 5.
Make a phonecall if there are any tickets left
for the performance you would like to see.
Telephone number : (oo32) (o)2 507 82 00
And pick up the tickets at the office.
Monday till saturday from 11 till 19h
July and August : 11 till 17h
Or pick up the tickets one hour in advance
of the performance.
Dress Code: A lot of people still dress up to go out
to this sort of occasions. A bit depending
if it is classical music or....
Address: Rue Ravenstein 23 , Ravensteinstraat 23 , 1000bxl
Directions: Behind the central station ,
a small walk from the
'music instruments museum'
'Lambic' is a non-malted wheat beer
- a beer naturally fermented by contamination
of wort by airborne yeasts.
This is a little caffee behing the town hall
in 'Sint-Gillis' One of the parts
of big Brussels. Why do I mention this
place? Easy it has got 700 beers to try.
(some say 700 , some 400...
Belgianchocolate did see a lot of beers
but forgot to count them. )
I recommend not to try them all at ones. ;-)
Address: 68 Rue de Savoie , 1060 Brussel
Directions: Take the underground to 'Horta' ,
there is also a tram nearby.
A perfect trip to see the amazing town hall
the prison and have a drink afterwards.
We decided to have a late drink...
But where? Finding a nice place isn't that
easy. We just had been in the matong? area.
Feeling cold (it can be cold in April)..
A coffee would be nice. When we saw
'L'amour fou' we knew this was the place.
The interior is lager , spacious ,
I wondered what it was before.
L'amour fou is open every day since 1984.
They bring you quit a large menu and I
immediately forgot about the coffee.
'coctails' with names like
'Je t'aime mois non plus (ce?pirinha)'
'Tendre passion' (pina colada)
Sans alcool et 'criminel zat'. lol.
For those who understand. (price 4,70-7,50)
In the back there are even seats , very comfi.
Going to the toilets is quit funny , I felt like
nemo. You step down in an underwater world.
The people we were sitting next to even
ordered dinner. (over 22h)It looked fine.
'Lasagne , spaghetti , sandwich...salades'
But they also got some real classic Belgian
dishes on the menu.
Even the desserts were looking inviting. :-)
A very nice spot...for an tiresome day blowout.
Address: Chous?e d'Ixelles 185 , 1050 Brussels
Directions: In dutch 'Elsensesteenweg 185'
somewhere between 'waterloolaan' and the
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 02 514 27 09
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (95)
- See All Best lucnch value in town!
- See All ARCHITECTURE - the tower of Doornik.
- See All DECEMBER - Lights at the 'grote markt'.
- See All Elegant jewels...
- See All The elephant! - Tervuren
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mexican Water Hotels
- La Perouse Hotels
- Mono Mills Hotels
- Sandingan Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 101 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Seven days in Belgium"
- Wrote a Review Best lucnch value in town! in Brussels Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to " Best lucnch value in town!"
- Commented on one of lumikki's Brussels travel pages
- updated a Brussels Travel Page "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Brussels hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Brussels City Centre
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Bedford Hotel
- 513 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- President Nord Hotel
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Jacques Brel Youth Hostel
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Hotel Residence Galia
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Sleep Well Youth Hostel
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Maison Du Dragon
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Ibis Brussels Centre Sainte-Catherine Hotel
- 347 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- NH Atlanta Hotel
- 352 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hotel Agenda Midi
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- European Quarter - Marriott Executive Apartments
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Eurostars Sablon
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Royal Centre
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel de Fierlant
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Marriott Hotel Brussels
- 891 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Manneken Pis- 165 Reviews, 219 Photos
- Grand Place - Grote Markt- 165 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Atomium- 113 Reviews, 179 Photos
- Cathédrale St Michel & Gudule- 77 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert- 38 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Mini Europe- 44 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Eglise Notre Dame du Sablon- 37 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Palais Royal- 62 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Place du Petit Sablon- 27 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Jeanneken Pis- 19 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Brussels Things to Do