Brussels Hotel Tips by belgianchocolate Top 5 Page for this destination
Brussels Hotels: 16,769 reviews and 436 photos
This time it was Frederik, who did the reservation.
He choose this hotel. Hotel La Madelaine.
I must warn you , in the picture you can see this
great facade. Well , that is the only thing left
from this nice historical building.
Behind that there is a whole new hotel with
about 50 small but very clean rooms.
So , don't expect old furniture , paintings , ..
but just simple green fake bamboo interior.
A little room , a very small TV , a nice Bathroom ,
very friendly staff (in Dutch , french , English...)
Unique Qualities: Like if you are going to watch TV?
This hotel is located at a top location.
It's back leans against the 'Koninginnegallerij' ,
or 'Galerie de la Reine' and the 'Rue des Bouchers ,
you can hear the rumours on the 'grand place'
when there is music and when your in the front
of the hotel your looking over 'rue du March? aux herbes'
or 'de Grasmarkt'.
A vivid square where a lot of hotels are located.
That is also a little bid a lesser quality ,
there is a lot of noise from cars trying to find
a parkings spot , drunk British tourist that make
noise. If you need a good night sleep ,
ask for a room in the back.
You can also hear the door from the neighbours..
Also very convenient is the luggage room.
Bring you luggage in when you arrive and you
can immediately move on into the city.
And last but not least - the central train station
is just a 5 minutes walk away combined with
a very nice weekend-rate price policy.
We missed the breakfast because we went
and didn't feel like rushing down before 10,30.
Address: 22 Rue De La Montagne, Bergstraat 22 Brussel 1000
Comparison: less expensive than average
Our plans for the weekend had been cancelled.
So there was this big black hole in front of us...
Brussels is less then an hour away from
Antwerp. But I had the idea of booking an
hotel and stay for the night....
I just did a quick search on the net...
A pop-up , lots of choise hotels...
No , I don't want the cheap one , I want one with character. YES , one in the 'Louisa-wijk'.
An area with very nice houses , all from the
beginning of the 20th century , art-nouveaux...
The picture looked nice...
I saw this great terrace with this great
stylish fence , the 'executive room'
was just a few euro more.
'I want the executive room!
And a few moments later we booked.
After a tiresome day in Brussels we decided
to go to the hotel... I was excited , looking for
this stylish , great building...and there it was.
O , oops it is the one next to the embassy.
The executive room sir... Here is the key ,
just walk outside the next building...second floor.
We ended up in thes dropdead ugly building ,
in an appartment with really 80's furniture.
Reproductions on the wall you wonder why they
ever wanted to reprosduce this thing.
A balcony , was it save to get on it?
Unique Qualities: I don't recommend this hotel.
It's ok. But nothing more. No special charm.
Breakfast was ok , but also nothing special.
It was spacious , the appartment , and we did
had fun about the situation.
The neighboorhood is nice. A lot of restaurants ,
shops....Horta-museum , a really nice park.
But a little too far from the 'grand place'
if you don't know Brussels it's way too of the
Whatever you pay , it's a bit too expensive...
Address: Chaussee De Vleurgat 19, Bruxelles 1050
More Reviews (99)
- See All Best lucnch value in town!
- See All ARCHITECTURE - the tower of Doornik.
- See All DECEMBER - Lights at the 'grote markt'.
- See All Elegant jewels...
- See All The elephant! - Tervuren
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hilton Princess San Salvador
- Los Tamarindos
- Best Western Riverside Hotel Motel
- Oxygen Jungle Villas
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
- Treasures of Bolinao Beach Resort
- Brasada Ranch Resort
- Tybrisa at the Beach
- Brookwood Inn-Spartansburg
- Doubletree Hotel Overland Park Corporate Woods
- B&B The Four Seasons
- Palais Schrottenberg
- One by The Five
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 101 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Seven days in Belgium"
- Wrote a Review Best lucnch value in town! in Brussels Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to " Best lucnch value in town!"
- Commented on one of lumikki's Brussels travel pages
- updated a Brussels Travel Page "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
Read real reviews about Brussels Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Brussels hotel reviews
- Renaissance Brussels
- 518 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Leopold Brussels Hotel
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Wellness Apart Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Van Belle Hotel Brussels
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Maison Du Dragon
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- The Hotel - Brussels
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Pacific Cafe Hotel
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Adagio Brussels Centre Monnaie
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- ApartmentsApart Brussels
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Azimuth Flathotel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- European Quarter - Marriott Executive Apartments
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Jacques Brel Youth Hostel
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Marriott Hotel Brussels
- 784 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Hotel Stalingrad
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 5, 2013
- Manneken Pis- 163 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Atomium- 112 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Grand Place - Grote Markt- 131 Reviews, 210 Photos
- Cathédrale St Michel & Gudule- 76 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Eglise Notre Dame du Sablon- 37 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert- 38 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Palais Royal- 61 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Mini Europe- 44 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Chinese & Japanese Towers- 18 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Place du Petit Sablon- 27 Reviews, 55 Photos
See All Brussels Things to Do