"A city to get to know better..." Top 5 Page for this destination Namur by belgianchocolate

Namur Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 493 photos

I don't know how many times I have been in 'Namen' (the Dutch name) - but it must be over a douzain times. All those visits with my parents as a kid and I never visited the city center. Always the citadel. My dad loves places like this.

Now we stayed in an hotel for 2 nights and got to know the city a little better.

• Pros:Small , cozy , great restaurants , citadel , friendly people...
  • In a nutshell:Just go!
  • Last visit to Namur: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2005

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Good info for my visit next week

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 7:15 AM

Great tips and photos! Namur in Wallonia looks like a lovely city to visit. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 11:03 AM

Interesting tip on Felicien Rops' artwork, I hadn't heard of him before now. Namur looks very pleasant!

• benidormone's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 6:47 PM

Nice page about the capital of wallonia, very intresting espcially about the breakfast!!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 3:17 AM

'Les 'BIETRUMé' de Namur' -- and snails -- this is a very interesting new page that makes me want to go to Namur sometime.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 11:12 PM

It's a pleasure to read your pages, Frank. You are observant, honest, and interesting. I especially enjoyed your restaurant and hotel tips. Loved the one where you just had an Italian feeling when you walked into the churched..I just had to grin.

• Mahieu's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Leuke pagina over Namen. En Zwan-worstjes als ontbijt? Help!!!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 8:54 AM

I like snails, but hold the creamy white sauce, for goodness sake.

belgianchocolate

“Paradise is just round the corner.... ;-) take care.”

Badges & Stats in Namur