Belgium Shopping Tips by belgianchocolate Top 5 Page for this destination
Belgium Shopping: 46 reviews and 51 photos
If you like shopping this might just be the
place for you. An outlet shopping village'.
Over 85 brand new shops in a long cozy street.
This street is created for this purpose on an old
mine site and the architectue is nice.
Outlet collections are a bit older then you
will find in shops outside shopping village ,
but prices are up to 60% lower.
I'm not a shopper for clothes myself but I do
need to buy some clothes now and then.
I payed 30 euro for kicker shoes while the
same cost 130 euro in a regular shop.
(and the ones I wear look the same for about the
last 20 years for sure....)
Check on the website for the shops names
and what to get. A fine selection of international brands
is availeble as well as Belgian disigners.
Some house decorationsshops , underwear...
AND a Belgian can't do without some restaurants
snacks , dinners and bars...
Address: Zetellaan 100 - 3630 Maasmechelen.
Maasmechelen can be found near the Dutch and German border. By car it is at exit 33 on the E313. Follow the signs from there.
'Maasmechelen Leisure valley'
There are things that never change.
One of them is the 'Caramella Mokatine'.
When I was little this was for sure the candy
we ate at grandma's. And now , the grandma's
I know still give it to their children.
One thing , grandma's with false teeth don't eat
them. haha. You can shew them , but they
are quit hard and sticky. But the taste...mocca ,
sugar , coffee. It is delicious.
In 1925 Louis Roodhooft started the company.
Their sweets became an instant succes.
Their factory is located in Antwerp , in the
lange leemstraat near 'Berchem station'.
10 people produce about 500 tons of candy
Their new candies are distributed in bakeries
and more special store. The mocatine can
be found in almost any supermarket (like GB ,
carrefour , Delhaize...)
Theme: Food and Drink
Elixir de Spa
I can't help myself , but I like these sort of drinks.
SPA! the name rings a bell. Actually it is a
little city in Belgium and every SPA in the world
borrowed the name from this place.
Our royals loved this city , for the bathing
and the good life.
Now the original 'Elixir de Spa' is brewed in
Antwerp. By 'FX de Beukelaer'. Even up to
today this distillery is a Belgian Royal Warrant Holder.
But it that important?
It is said that this drink goes back till the
12th century. That is was brewed near Spa
by the friars of the Capuchin order.
In 1956 the recipi was bought and came to
It a composition of 40 local herbs and famous
for it's digestive qualities.
You wont find it at a lot of places.
It is a nostalgic drink for romantic souls.
Buy it in Antwerp at the Vagant (Reyndersstraat).
The small bottle is the perfect gift I think.
Theme: Food and Drink
If you are visiting the ardennes ,
that beautiful natural parth in the south of
our country and you want to take something
home as a souvenir....why not this?
It is a delicacy and is eaten raw or baked ,
you can ad it in pasta and make fantastic sauces.
Cut it really thin and eat it with bread.
The nice thing is that it has a lot of flavor
and can easely stand up to italian quality.
I'll ad just one adress , but of course there
are more...(La roche en Ardenne is very
touristy and has got some butchers)
Place Mac Auliffe 5
0032 61 21 13 21
What to buy: The one in the picture casts about 11 euro.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (50)
- See All Paradisio!
- See All Belgian ham!
- See All Gustave Wappers
- See All 21 July - nationale feestdag.
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Explore the World
- Marikina Heights Hotels
- Rangkasbitung Hotels
- Orillia Hotels
- Kalkan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 427 Reviews
- 566 Photos
- 166 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5620 Reviews - 11922 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2698 Reviews - 7188 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2892 Reviews - 7155 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 527 Reviews - 1683 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 484 Reviews - 1387 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1046 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1411 Reviews - 3631 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 89 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Turnhout Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Mechelen Hotels
- 285 Reviews - 676 Photos
- Liège Hotels
- 197 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Auderghem Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Mons Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 416 Photos