"Belgium is like >. big!" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium by belgianchocolate
Belgium Travel Guide: 22,208 reviews and 55,903 photos
I choose the atomium as a symbol for Belgium.
I don't really like the thing ,
but I think it tells the story well.
It is a bit weird and unusual.
It came out of the blue for the world
expo 1958. It was suppose to last
for six months. But it is still there.
It is falling apart ,
no one really seems to take responsibility
untill now (anno 2004)...
But if you learn to know it ,
you will appreciate it.
It takes some time to reveil all its
meanings and different faces.
Go for it!
It is a bit unknown and has some
Those are nog handicaps I think.
That means that our beautiful historical
cities are not flooded by stupid tourist
that walk behind a red bra on a stick.
That it is still possible to find a restaurant
without having to eat a tourist menu...
And that it is possible to have the feeling
to do some great discoveries.
-the distances between those treasures
are rather small.
-the food : I think Belgium has a remarcable
diverse food culture.
-Architecture : so many romanesque
and baroque , gothic buildings...
-Museums : true history we had some
of the most remarcable painters...
-Belgians like good life , music ,
food. It would be rare not to find
a festival , concert , event during you stay.
And as for vt'rs who like meetings -
this is the place to go then.
Belgium had a really poor reputation if it comes to zoos and animal parcs. Yes , the images of bad Belgian zoos have... more travel advice
Maybe a name that not too many Belgians know. 'Gustave Wappers' is a bit a forgotten 19th century painter , he is a... more travel advice
Written Aug 23, 2003
The real cows
Written Sep 22, 2004
Homemade 'speculaas' - the recipe
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 427 Reviews
- 566 Photos
- 166 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos