"In many ways... a warm welcome!" Kalimantan (Borneo) by belgianchocolate
Kalimantan (Borneo) Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 23 photos
Kalimantan must be the least attractive island of Indonesia if you are looking for culture , tempels...
Our Mission was to visit the orang utan center we support and take home a lot of pictures and material to bring our message and to do some serious fundsraising.
Nyaru menteng is not a tourist spot. It is even hard to get in for scientific research. The red apes need to learn that people aren't always ok. And the less people they get to see the better....
But ofcourse we also took the time to get to know banjarmasin a little better , spend a few days in Palanka raya... So you will find a lot of info on these places....
As I'm saying , there aren't a lot of tourist attraction , it is more the experience that counts , and meeting the people...
more then a warm welcome
hope you will enjoy my pages.
(under construction , later on expect to read a lot of information on the rehabilitationproces , the reforrestation , wildlife.....)
It was quit amazing to see how they build concrete houses... As we are used to see solid iron constructions to reach the... more travel advice
Why waste good money on expensive sewerage ? Just make a floating toilet. We have seen several in Banjarmasin and in... more travel advice
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Kalimantan (Borneo) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In many ways... a warm welcome!"
- "Kalimantan: Worth the Effort"
- "To sit on the equator"
- "Missionary style"
- "Pontianak and the Equator Monument"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalimantan (Borneo)
- Hotels in Kalimantan (Borneo)
- Transportation in Kalimantan (Borneo)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalimantan (Borneo)
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Kalimantan (Borneo)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalimantan (Borneo)
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Seven days in Belgium"
- Commented on one of mr_flea's Kalimantan (Borneo) travel pages
- updated a Kalimantan (Borneo) Travel Page "In many ways... a warm welcome!"
- Wrote a Review building works in progress... in Kalimantan (Borneo) Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Natural resources..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos