Yogyakarta Transportation Tips by belgianchocolate Top 5 Page for this destination
Yogyakarta Transportation: 76 reviews and 95 photos
Jogya has a train station with excellent
connections to Jakarta , Solo , Bandung...
Only Solo or Surakarta is nearby. The other trajects will take houres.
Make sure you have numbered seats on the right train.
For your comfort : don't take ekoboni trains.
They are egg full.
Reservations can be made in advance and
The train is a budget friendly way of travelling over here...busses are less expensive
(if you are Indonesian and not lifted)
Locals use the becak for short distances ,
to bring them home when they went to the market...
They almost transportate everything in these mandriven
bikes. We saw them bring two goats to the market
and the owner was sitting between them.
Where we used a becak for?
Once to go to the 'Taman Sari' and
another time we had us driven to the busstation
to go to the prambanan.
It's a cheap and efficient way of moving into the traffic.
Make sure you know the price in advance..bargain.
(one thing , the gasses from cars and mopeds are killing here)
The oldfashioned version of the taxi...
Jogya's traffic is a special one.
Lots of cars and taxi's ,
a chaos of pedestrians and horses , becaks...
Welcome in Jogya! I liked it , it gave the city a special edge.
I do think some of the horses look a bit skinny ,
So , if you plan to rent a coach for a short trip ,
choose a well-fed one.
Don't forget to bargain on the price before your in.
More Reviews (26)
- A real kolonial leftover!
- See All Kijang!
- See All Gambira Loka!
- See All Mendut temple !
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hermosa Hotels
- Ischia Porto
- San Francisco El Alto
- Håbo-Tibble Hotels
- Barden Tower Hotels
- Kampong Tanjong Gemok Hotels
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 29 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Seven days in Belgium"
- Commented on one of bellatrix's Yogyakarta travel pages
- Wrote a Review A real kolonial leftover! in Yogyakarta Hotels
- updated a Yogyakarta Travelogue "Gambira loka - not for sensitive souls - the zoo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gambira loka - not for sensitive souls - the zoo"
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Yogyakarta hotel reviews
- Metro Guest House
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Hotel Santika Jogja
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Saphir Yogyakarta
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 14, 2013
- Novotel Yogyakarta
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Eclipse hotel
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Bladok Losmen
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Rama
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Oct 17, 2012
- Mutiara Hotel Malioboro Yogyakarta
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 26, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Istana Batik Ratna Hotel Jogja
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Asia Afrika
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2012
- Sartika Homestay
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 5, 2012