Yogyakarta Hotel Tips by belgianchocolate Top 5 Page for this destination
Yogyakarta Hotels: 6,288 reviews and 145 photos
We made reservations from the airport in yogya for this hotel. That won't cost you anything more but the reservation service get provision. Keep that in mind if a friendly becak-driver wants to bring you to an hotel. Try to make up your mind before arriving.
We really loved this hotel for his historical charm. It is the only hotel of it's kind left in yogya. Build in 1918 , colonial period , when the dutch ruled. Don't expect too much.
The hotel has been renovated a couple of years ago but dutch buildings suffer from the moist heath on Java. Meaning it isn't all looking perfect.
I loved the rain falling in the inner garden...the smaller rooms could have breakfast here outside ...there were a few of these gardens.
The service is excellent. When we made our little trip 5 in the morning even then breakfast was waiting for us. The staff is very friendly and room service is perfect. What about a welcome drink? Fresh juices for no money? Also really appreciated , the laundry service. ;-) (yes yes we are real backpackers.lol)
We took the family room. Why? We where charmed by it. It has a seperate sitting area with some nice furniture , warm water and a king size very old bed. A ventilator cools you down a bit from the ceiling...
OK , it had some bad points as well...
-it is located near the street , noise from early in the morning till midnight.
-something had a nibbel from our cookies , you'll never know what that is in Indonesia.
Prices : for a really small room with cold water 10 euro. Our family room was 25 euro , that is expensive , you can have a room in one of those brand new hotels for that price...charm is not for free.
Address: Corner of Jalan jlagran , jalan pasar kembang
Comparison: about average
Directions: SOrso is the name of the area. The railstation is just minutes away and the bus station is a short trip by becak or taxi...
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (28)
- See All Kijang!
- See All Gambira Loka!
- See All Mendut temple !
- See All Take the train....
belgianchocolate's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 29 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Seven days in Belgium"
- Commented on one of bellatrix's Yogyakarta travel pages
- Wrote a Review A real kolonial leftover! in Yogyakarta Hotels
- updated a Yogyakarta Travelogue "Gambira loka - not for sensitive souls - the zoo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gambira loka - not for sensitive souls - the zoo"
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (53)
Read real reviews about Yogyakarta Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 163 reviews, 202 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 101 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 31 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valladolid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos