"Rio de Janeiro" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Rio de Janeiro by laura4n8
Estado do Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 4,598 reviews and 9,028 photos
Sure. Sugar Loaf is the epitome of the touristy thing but the view was worth the money and the incredibly cramped cable car rides. I'll let you know now that you should adandon all rights to personal space before you step on one of the cable car. Just when you think the car could hold no more, at least five more people will squeeze on. But fight for a spot next to a window and the view will make you forget all about the elbows, bags and hips poking into your back.
November is still considered "spring" in Rio so the beaches weren't crowded and the weather was beautiful. Another plus is the markets that line Cocacabana beaches aren't packed with tourists.
I was fascinated with the favelas (slums) that overlook Rio. We drove on the edges of this favelas while on our way to Corcovado (Christ Statue).
- Pros:The incredible landscape
- Cons:The clouds come in quick over Corcovado
There are two airports in Rio -- the international one and the domestic one (Congonhas). I suggest you fly into the... more travel advice
laura4n8's Related Pages
Estado do Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entry into Brazil - Estado do Rio"
- "Rio's State"
- "Rio de Janeiro State Overview"
- "Rio de Janeiro"
- "MAUA AND OYSTERS"
- "Music Mission Tour to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil."
- "Rio de Janeiro surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Estado do Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Photos in Estado do Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Lima Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Destin Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Cusco Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Cancún Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Puerto Rico Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Rio de Janeiro Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos