"Rio de Janeiro" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Rio de Janeiro by laura4n8

Estado do Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 4,590 reviews and 9,093 photos

Sure. Sugar Loaf is the epitome of the touristy thing but the view was worth the money and the incredibly cramped cable car rides. I'll let you know now that you should adandon all rights to personal space before you step on one of the cable car. Just when you think the car could hold no more, at least five more people will squeeze on. But fight for a spot next to a window and the view will make you forget all about the elbows, bags and hips poking into your back.

November is still considered "spring" in Rio so the beaches weren't crowded and the weather was beautiful. Another plus is the markets that line Cocacabana beaches aren't packed with tourists.

I was fascinated with the favelas (slums) that overlook Rio. We drove on the edges of this favelas while on our way to Corcovado (Christ Statue).

• Pros:The incredible landscape
  • Cons:The clouds come in quick over Corcovado
  • Last visit to Estado do Rio de Janeiro: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2004

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 10:02 PM

Damn Damn Damn. I wanted to be your boyfriend. Now I must compete with a statue at the Copacabana beach!!!

• brazilnut30's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 2:43 PM

Laura, What a wonderful place.. I lived there and have many friends there. Fala portuguese tambem!!!!!! I will be back there next Christmas and new years!!!! tchau, Jimmy

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2004 at 5:52 AM

good fotos of rio

laura4n8

“"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." RW Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Estado do Rio de Janeiro

Have you been to Estado do Rio de Janeiro?

Latest Activity in Estado do Rio de Janeiro