"Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is paradise!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos by laura4n8
Quepos Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 328 photos
The short beach area near Manuel Antonio is paradise! The views are stunning, the weather pleasant, the activities abundant and the relaxation level high. I've only been during the rainy season so the beach hasn't been crowed which provide an opportunity to see the same people every day. We became friends with the surfers that rode the waves outside our hotel, became dance partners with the same locals at the weekend parties and enjoyed the same friendly faces as we walked the beach or shopped the small stores. Although it rains everyday ... the off season is great! We just made sure to squeeze in all our activities before 4 p.m. The mornings are gorgeous! And since it gets light at 5:30 a.m. there is plenty of time to enjoy them. Of course, the downside is that it gets dark at 5:30 p.m. But take a nap, listen to the rain and venture out at 10 p.m. for a good night out!
We flew from Atlanta to San Jose and then bought a cheap ticket on Sansa to the Quepos airport (near the coast). The flight to Quepos was half the fun! The Sansa terminal was quaint and completely different than any airport experience in the States. After reporting your weight and the weight of your bags, they hand write your name on the flight manifest. The flight schedule doesn't really exists as they just depart whenever the planes get there. The plane is a single propeller Cessna of some sort and has great photo windows. We were in Quepos in 20 short minutes -- the flight really did seem like a tour in itself.
When we arrived at Quepos we walked in the terminal which literally is a thatched-roof structure. Sansa provides van transportation into the town for $5 American per person (or $3000 Colones). If your hotel is in the main part of town the van will take you directly to your hotel. As for us who were lodging at Nature's Beachfront, we had to take another car that could make it down the steep and bumping road to our place of lodging. On our last trip, a flat-bed truck blocked the road about half-way down and so we had to walk down the road. Ahh ... what an experience! We were definitely ready to plop our bags down and rest when we got to the hotel. Nature's Beachfront offers the best view of the beach and an almost-private beach.
- Pros:Friendly and relaxing
- Cons:It gets dark at 5:30 p.m in the off season
- In a nutshell:A must-see in Costa Rica!
Manuel Antonio Park has the best variety of animals of any place I've seen. Plus, the beach beaches in the area are... more travel advice
Nature's Beachfront by far had the best location on the beach near Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. It only had five rooms... more travel advice
laura4n8's Related Pages
Quepos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quepos, for the sailfish!"
- "Manuel Antonio"
- "Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is paradise!"
- "actually el Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio"
- "Beginner's Guide to Manuel Antonio"
- "Sailfishing, part I"
- "Manuel Antonio National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quepos
- Hotels in Quepos
- Transportation in Quepos
- Nightlife in Quepos
- Restaurants in Quepos
- Shopping in Quepos
- Warnings and Dangers in Quepos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quepos
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Quepos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quepos
Photos in QueposSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Lima Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Destin Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Cusco Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Cancún Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Puerto Rico Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Rio de Janeiro Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos