"Quiet place with lots of flowers, like paradise!" Akyaka by Innovator
Akyaka Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 58 photos
Akyaka looks like a heaven on earth with its mountains covered with forests, brooks as aquarium, its clear sea, campings, abundant water, history and special wooden covered houses
The number of inhabitants amounts in the winter to approximatly 1500, in the summer it almost doubles. It's delightful position at the end of the Gökova gulf, bordered in the north by the almost 1000m high Sakartepe, in the south by the wetlands of the Gökova plain ("heaven's plain") with it's multitude of species, particularly water birds, takes the visitor into it's spell.
Akyaka is one of the most beautiful villages you can sea on the Turkish Turquoise Coast situated right at the tip of magnificent Gokova Bay, on the road between Mugla and Marmaris. Make sure to stop over either to stay a few days, to experience the calm beauty of the pine forests and clean Mediterranean Sea or even a few hours to restaurants on the outskirts by the clear Azmak River, observing ducks and geese which live there year around. You won't regret it !
You can stay either in one of the small, family-run cozy apart hotels or in one of the more exclusive hotels.
Akyaka has one of the best picnic grounds surrounded by pine forests, by the sea where you can watch glorious sunsets, make your own barbecue or have a snack in the cafe.
Various modest tea-houses offer fresh tea, toasts and peaceful hours by the sea or in the town center. Fresh fish is best served here, all year round in all restaurants by the Azmak River.
Akyaka is also well known for the authentic architecture of Mugla area where Nail Cakirhan, the Turkish architect has his prize winning house. It is open to public as a cultural center during the high season.
You can easily enjoy drives or hikes to the nearby picturesque mountain or beach villages from Akyaka. Sakar and Sandras mountains are only half an hour away from Akyaka yours to discover !
- Pros:Quiet peacefull village, very natural, great atmosphere!!
- In a nutshell:Relaxation paradise!
Innovator's Related Pages
Akyaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "mountains and the sea embracing lovingly"
- "AKYAKA-MUGLA - A PLACE TO LIVE"
- "Akyaka or "Gokova""
- "Quiet place with lots of flowers, like paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akyaka
- Hotels in Akyaka
- Transportation in Akyaka
- Nightlife in Akyaka
- Restaurants in Akyaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Akyaka
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Akyaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akyaka
Photos in AkyakaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oostende Intro, 80 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 116 photos
- Brussels Intro, 84 reviews, 65 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 44 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 36 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kusadasi Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues