"5th Wedding Anniversary Holiday" Giravaru by kim_shell
Giravaru Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 25 photos
Giravaru is one of the closer resorts to Male the Capital of the Maldives - approx 15 minute High Speed Boat ride from the airport. The purpose of the holiday was to celebrate our 5th anniversary and also to dive. Giravaru has it's own dive school which does 3 dives a day - check out the diving section below.
This island is really small and can walk across it in less than 2 minutes and around it in approx 5 minutes. If someone was not used to doing anything then this island would not suite you - You should perhaps look at something like Bandos.
The Island does have a downside in that on the western side you look at Males Industrial estate which is built on the island across the Atoll. You never see this in tourist photographs.
Staying on the island on a 1/2 board basis meant that drinks and lunch were not included. He spent our free time between dives either on the beach or having a drink in the evenings at this coffee bar - the only real alternative. There is not much choice since the island is so small. Everything is imported so prices are very expensive including drinking water. We also realised that there were 2 prices, local which meant that things cost next to nothing and then there was the tourist price which meant that everything was expensive.
- Pros:Sunshine, Diving and culture
There are 2 types of transportation that is available - if you are looking for speed then there is the High Speed Boat... more travel advice
kim_shell's Related Pages
Giravaru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giravaru - The Island of Your Dreams"
- "5th Wedding Anniversary Holiday"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Giravaru
- Hotels in Giravaru
- Transportation in Giravaru
- Nightlife in Giravaru
- Restaurants in Giravaru
- Shopping in Giravaru
- See All...
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- Apostle Islands Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Giravaru
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Giravaru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Giravaru
Top 10 Pages
- Cusco Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lima Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vatican City Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.