"My Motherland." Belarus by Tasia
Belarus Travel Guide: 858 reviews and 2,202 photos
I'm belorussian and was born in a small town Baranovichi.I'm sure , most of the people have no idea what is it - Belarus, some of them think tha tit somewhere in Russia.Maybe it because of our reach history .Through the centuries we were always belong to something.To Great Lithuanian County,to Zhech Pospolita(Poland)to Russia, to USSR....no we finaly independent Republic of Belarus....somehow independent......independence should be also organized:)))))))!
Usefull links :
-the official site of the Ministry of the foreign AffairsHere you would find alot of usefull information about How and Where you can get visa to the Republic of Belarus, fees and so on.
- different maps on-line, of Belarus, and the all big cities, one weakness - this site is on russian language:)
- here the map of Belarus on English
- A webpage about Belarus, it's history ,alot of usefull informationin inglish.
I think the main sign of belorussian cities - is a lot of chirches.Most of belorussians - are russian ortodox.During "Soviet" times most of the chirches were closed,and people "had" to be ateists.Now everything comes back ...religion as well.As for me, person should have religion and believe in his mind and heart, the rest does not metter!
Again, from previous times there still alot of monuments for the "soviet" leaders,Aathough after disintegration most of them were destroyed.But as for me, it so silly.U can't destroy your history as u can't aither cut out the past from your life....
I.m not a real fan of such kind of travelling.But since i didn.t have a big choise,i had to stay in the tent. We found a... more travel advice
Tasia's Related Pages
Belarus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BELARUS - THE LAST OASIS OF FREEDOM IN EUROPE"
- "From Russia to Germany and back home via Belarus"
- "Belarus one of the post - soviet countries"
- "MINSK ( BELARUS )"
- "IT'S DIFFERENT - YET THE SAME"
- "My Motherland."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belarus
- Hotels in Belarus
- Transportation in Belarus
- Nightlife in Belarus
- Restaurants in Belarus
- Shopping in Belarus
- Warnings and Dangers in Belarus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belarus
- 18 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Belarus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belarus
Top 10 Pages
- Minsk Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bornholm Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Koszeg Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Russia Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belarus Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos