"One of 3 entrances to Thailand" Betong by ogb4619
Betong Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos
Only 2 km from the Malaysian border, this is the least touristy border crossing in Thailand.
Most cross at Air Hitam in Perlis after going north from Penang.
Betong is known to Malaysians as a brothel town and most Malaysians who go there .... well, you can guess.
However, it's interesting for other reasons.
There's some haberdashery shops and clothing but they're dearer than most Malaysian towns.
There's a nice Buddhist Temple and a few smaller Mosques along with a nice park.
Here is your first introduction to the real Thailand, though on the surface, you may not notice much difference to the average small Malaysian town.
I wouldn't stay there overnight.
Drive back to Pengkalan Hulu (Keroh) and stay in the guest house.
- Pros:Getting there is better than being there.
- Cons:Not for overnight stay
- In a nutshell:Do a U turn at the border - you may be safer.
ogb4619's Related Pages
Betong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Betong, Yala Province, Thailand"
- "The Communist Guerillas"
- "One of 3 entrances to Thailand"
- "THE CLOSEST 'GATE' TO THAILAND FROM MY HOMETOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Betong
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Betong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Betong
Top 10 Pages
- Seremban Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Port Dickson Intro, 8 reviews
- Adana Ili Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Kandy 6 reviews
- Northern Territory Intro, 5 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Palau Intro, 5 reviews
- Schwangau Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Dalby Intro, 5 reviews