"Charming old town" Hanoi by Yezber
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,747 reviews and 6,065 photos
Hanoi is so much more "authentic" than the much richer and bigger Saigon in the South. Don't wait too long going there - they're starting to get motorcycles now and in a few years they'll start buing cars and the charm will be lost forever...
Besides all the temples and the old streets in the center of Hanoi you should try to take a look at the architecture in general. Two reasons:
1) It'll all be gone when they start using cars big time.
2) They build some very narrow houses now and then - so even newer concrete buildings can look interesting.
- Pros:Charming, old fashioned, good shopping
- Cons:A few hustlers will do anything to cheat you for a dollar
- In a nutshell:It's charming because they are poor - but they deserve to become richer - and then it's all gone...
Yezber's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Top 10 Pages
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Apo Island Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panglao Island Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Malapascua Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Ko Similan Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Hoi An 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Ban Khao Lak Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.