"Aquitaine" Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine by andrewwhite
Aquitaine Travel Guide: 2,050 reviews and 6,848 photos
In September 2003 I spent 10 days travelling around Aquitaine or more correctly the Dordogne/Perigord region of France. My journeys took me to a host of wonderful towns and villages, each with their own charm and character.
The countryside, despite the lack of rainfall, was green and verdant with many heavily forrested areas and more Chateaux than you could shake a stick at.
The people were friendly, polite and pleasant even to someone whose knowledge of the language could be written on the back of my hand (as it was, of course, so I could remember the basics)
There is a lovely relaxed feel about this part of France which you easily settle into and adapt to.
Unless you're a driver of course, in which case keep your wits about you at all times!!
Almost every house has a pretty display of plants even if it is only a hanging geranium dangling from a window sill.
The more adventurous have the most beautiful landscaped gardens with an impressive range of flowers, shrubs and trees.
All the plantings compliment the wonderful stone and architecture of the homes and buildings.
Clearly visible on an impregnable cliff edge on the north bank of the river, the eye-catching village and castle of... more travel advice
From Jumilhac Le Grand the Limousin town of St Yrieix is just 15 kms away, taking the D78 and then the D18. It is a... more travel advice
andrewwhite's Related Pages
Aquitaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A place forever in my heart...."
- "South Western France"
- "Pyrénées-Atlantique, the far southwest"
- "A Wide Variety of Vistas"
- "Aquitaine Region - France"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aquitaine
- Hotels in Aquitaine
- Transportation in Aquitaine
- Nightlife in Aquitaine
- Restaurants in Aquitaine
- Shopping in Aquitaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Aquitaine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aquitaine
- 19 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Aquitaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aquitaine
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alpi Apuane Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Radnor Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Auvergne Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos