"Hello anyone who finds this page" andrewwhite's Profile
Now what do you put in a home page?
I know. I'll stick in a few friends.
1 cat is fine, 2 is perfect, 3 is a bit eccentric and 4 could be grounds for a Section under the Mental Health Act.
Jack & Ben are brothers and Tilly & Rosie were strays, scraping round my bins so I had to offer them a home - now they eat my grub, lie by the fire and generally ignore me, ungrateful little hussies.
See my album of cats if you like cute kittens.
I live near Leominster in England though I am Scottish by birth and passion!! I was brought up on a farm at North Berwick in East Lothian overlooking the mouth of the Firth of Forth.
The photograph is of Tantallon Castle which is about a mile from where I was brought up.
It was the seat of the Douglas Earls of Angus, one of the most powerful baronial families in Scotland.
In the late 14th century, they built the castle across a rocky promontory overlooking the Bass Rock. Its lofty towers, halls and strong defences provided an imposing residence befitting a feudal lord and his household.
Tantallon served as a noble fortification for more than three centuries and endured frequent sieges. During Cromwell's invasion in 1651 it suffered heavy damage and its days as one of the country's mightiest castles came to a close.
As a scampering 8 year old I won every single battle I fought there against the English.
For practically all of my working life I have been involved in Social Work, mainly with young people who offend but at other times in residential care and managing various resources.
39 years - They should really put me out to grass.
I WILL be out to grass on 5th April 2007 - Ahhh!, retirement, golf, walking, gardening, travelling & photography
My home companions are the cats - Jack, Ben, Tilly and Rosie and, sadly until December 2003 when she died, my 18 year old pup Beth.
Apart from travelling, mountains and photography my other passion is alpine plants. A winning combination of hobbies if you ask me.
Oh, and my son Martyn & two grandchildren Rebecca and Andrew - they're brilliant.
Oh, and Heart of Midlothian possibly the greatest football team in the world, or maybe not.
Oh, and my staff at the Youth Offending Service in Hereford for their kindness in not referring to me as the 'old duffer' until I'm out of earshot. They do, however, have an annoying habit of moving my stuff around the office then pretending that it was me who lost it, my, my they are pranksters, now what have I done with that file?.
Martyn's 38 now, Rebecca nearly 15 and Andrew 13.
Tilly is tucked up nicely in the Moroccan Castle I built her out of scrap bits of MDF. Old fool that I am!!
Carpetted throughout, lovely view of the sitting room with her own cuddly penguin toy.
The North Sea can be a bit on the cold side. I entered this in a photographic competition in the Hammersmith paper 34 years ago, got second prize & 2 rolls of film as my reward - those were the days, nice big prizes!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 48 Reviews
- 238 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- andrewwhite and pollyjean are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Hello anyone who finds this page"
- Commented on one of nickandchris's Paralion Astros travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hello anyone who finds this page"
- Wrote a Review Radnor Arms in New Radnor Hotels
- updated a Auvergne Travel Page "Auvergne"
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alpi Apuane Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Radnor Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Auvergne Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos