"Australia, North" Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler by Jyrki
Whistler Travel Guide: 295 reviews and 669 photos
Located about 90 minutes north of Vancouver on the treacherous and scenic sea to sky highway, Whistler is British Columbia's own World class ski resort. Thousands upon thousands of tourists and locals flock to the resort each day to tackle one or both of the snow-covered peaks, Whistler Mountain and Blackcomb Mountain. Whistler isn't just a sleepy town for powder junkies it also has a bustling nightlife and fantastic restaurants. Whistler seems to grow everyday and that growth will be accelerated as Vancouver prepares to host the 2010 winter Olympics!
I have dubbed Whistler "Australia, North" because the place seems to attract Australians like flies to poop. When I went up in December of 2002 there was even a sign (painted Green and Gold of course) that read "Welcome to Australia". I even heard once that there are more Australians working in Whistler than there are Canadians...I'm not sure if this is true but walking around Whistler you might be inclined to believe this. You'll be sure to find someone with that charming Aussie accent be it at a restaurant, hotel, gas station and of course the slopes themselves!
- Pros:Great skiing/boarding, Party town
- Cons:Expensive, Busy
- In a nutshell:Guarantee for a fun-filled weekend!
A trip to Whistler isn't complete with at least a stroll through the Village. Despite the cold temperatures in the... more travel advice
Okay, I generally thought that swedes are fun nice, fun, snow-loving people. Not unlike Canadians. To set the scene, the... more travel advice
Jyrki's Related Pages
Whistler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Australia, North"
- "2010 Olympics Coming Soon!!!"
- "WHAT A FANTASTIC WINTER RESORT!"
- "Too Brief a Stay"
- "Whistler, British Columbia"
- "EXPENSIVE WHISTLER"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whistler
- Hotels in Whistler
- Transportation in Whistler
- Nightlife in Whistler
- Restaurants in Whistler
- Shopping in Whistler
- Warnings and Dangers in Whistler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whistler
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Whistler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whistler
Photos in WhistlerSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 33 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Seattle 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rangoon Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Greater London Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Maui Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- France 2 reviews
- Dublin Intro, 2 reviews