"Cochav Hayarden - Crusader stronghold in Holy Land" Kokhav HaYarden by curiouslumi
Kokhav HaYarden Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 47 photos
Crusaders had build several fortresses in the HolyLand and this one is in the the best condition.
It was built in the begining of XII century during just two years. Amazing fact considering the location (over 300m over sea level) and stones sizes.
Belvoir (name given the fortress by it's builders) was built by Hospitalers on the land they purchased from French family and meant to serve as a stronghold in their war with Salah-A-Din.
There is also a feeding station for eagles on site. You can see them from the North part of the hill.
Site is only 20 min driving from Beit She'an and little more from Tiberias. Take road #90 from both.
You can see the aerial view here:
Israeli National Park authority has an official page for the site here:
- Cons:Didn't find any
- In a nutshell:Best restored Crusaders fortress in Holy Land
curiouslumi's Related Pages
Kokhav HaYarden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cochav Hayarden - Crusader stronghold in Holy Land"
- "Kochav HaYarden (Star of Jordan)"
- "The Belvoir Castle"
- "Belvoir Crusader Fortress"
- "Cochav Hayarden (Belvoir) National Park"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kokhav HaYarden
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kokhav HaYarden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kokhav HaYarden
- Posted in Travel Bavaria Forum "Re: Re: Country side lodging in..."
- Wrote a Review Get lost in Crusaders fortress in the Holy Land in Kokhav HaYarden Things to Do
- updated a Kokhav HaYarden Travel Page "Cochav Hayarden - Crusader stronghold in Holy Land"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cochav Hayarden - Crusader stronghold in Holy Land"
Photos in Kokhav HaYardenSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bet She'an Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tel Aviv-Yafo 1 review, 5 photos
- Lindau Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kokhav HaYarden Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Barcelona 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosh Pinna 1 review, 3 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petah Tiqwa 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.