"Hidden Fortress" Ainay-le-Vieil by black_mimi99
Ainay-le-Vieil Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
The Château d’Ainay-le-Vieil could hardly be more sumptuous or reveal a more glittering history. The castle, known as Petit Carcassonne because of its round defensive towers, is a spectacular marriage of medieval practicality and ornate Renaissance style, and has been the family home of the Bigny dynasty for over 500 years. Artefacts from the Napoleonic era – the family was linked with Napoléon himself, Colbert and other big names of the time – adorn the awesome main rooms, while the old rose garden is an inspiration to any gardener. In terms of historical gravitas and design, this castle should be viewed on a par with the Loire’s finest.
Madame Peyronnet, whose family has inhabited the château since 1467.
some part of chateau can't be visited cos private, and we can't take a picture inside the chateau....
Ainay Le Vieil located in Dept. Cher, on south of Bourse city.
Walking along the remparts where we can see whole the chateau.
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Ainay-le-Vieil Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ainay-le-Vieil
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Ainay-le-Vieil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ainay-le-Vieil
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos